Kasia Lebiecki is a senior associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Kasia focuses on global M&A and private equity transactions, providing detailed advice on strategic, legal, commercial and regulatory issues for sovereign-owned, corporate and private equity clients including ADNOC, NEOM Company and Investcorp. Kasia has undertaken secondments with ADNOC advising on the establishment and launch of two oil trading units: ADNOC Trading and ADNOC Global Trading, and with the strategic M&A team of HSBC, Hong Kong.
- ADNOC on investment agreements between Abu Dhabi Chemicals Derivatives Company RSC Ltd (TA’ZIZ) and multiple UAE-based investors, marking the first domestic Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Abu Dhabi’s downstream and petrochemicals sector
- ADNOC on Fertiglobe’s $795 million initial public offering and listing on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX). This is the first ever IPO of an ADGM company on ADX
- ADNOC on the establishment and launch of its crude oil trading unit: ADNOC Trading, based in ADGM. The launch of the trading unit represents the next step in ADNOC's expansion of its global presence as it takes steps to increase value through its trading activities
- Investcorp on the launch of a joint venture that will invest in the Asia food sector
- ADNOC on a strategic investment in global storage terminal owner and operator VTTI
- Mubadala on its acquisition of up to 20% of the share capital of Investcorp Bank BSC, a leading regional alternative asset management business*
- Mubadala on its $650 million acquisition of 50% of Minas da Aguas Tenidas, a Spanish mining entity, and the creation of a global base metals mining joint venture with Trafigura*
- Dubai Banking Group on its sale of a c. 48% shareholding in SHUAA Capital to Abu Dhabi Financial Group*
- Emirates Financial Services and Arqaam Capital on the $460 million rights issue by Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC*
- Qatar National Bank on its acquisition of Finansbank in Turkey from National Bank of Greece for $2.9 billion plus the assignment of $910 million of subordinated debt*
- Citi on the sale of its Egyptian consumer and retail banking business to Commercial International Bank*
- Acino International AG on its acquisition of a pharmaceutical business across the MENA region*
- Cassia Investment Limited on its sale of Hong Kong luxury fashion house Shanghai Tang Group to Lunar Capital*
- Cassia Investment Limited on its investment and subsequent acquisition of Hong Kong luxury fashion house Shanghai Tang Group from Richemont International Holdings S.A.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Special Economic Zone & Regulatory Drafting
- Advising on the structure and drafting new laws for a new special zone in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
University of Law
Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
University of Manchester