Andrés Lema Sanz-Guerrero is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
International arbitrations on which Andrés Lema Sanz-Guerrero has worked include the representation of:
- A heavy equipment supplier and contractor in relation to a highly complex construction arbitration, related local litigation and a number of delay, disruption, defects and other disputes arising out of two fossil fuel construction megaprojects in Africa with claims and counterclaims of over $2 billion. The law of the country of the projects applies.
- A Middle Eastern fund, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Paris arising from a sponsorship agreement. The law of the Claimant’s State applies and over €530 million is at stake.
- Sonatrach, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Geneva brought by Saipem SpA and Saipem Contracting Algérie SpA. The dispute arose from a contract for the construction of gas liquefaction facilities. Over €2.6 billion was at stake. Algerian law applied.
- SAUR International, a leading French service management company in the field of water, energy and cleanliness, in proceedings initiated by the Argentine Republic before an ICSID ad hoc Committee to seek the annulment of the $59 million award obtained by our client (ICSID Case No. ARB/04/4). The dispute related to a water and sewer services concession in Argentina. Argentina’s request was dismissed.
- A Middle Eastern State-owned gas company, Respondent in a CRCICA arbitration in Cairo brought by a European energy company. The dispute arises from a gas supply agreement. Egyptian law applies.
Sciences Po Paris
Master 2 in Global Governance Studies
Sciences Po Paris
Universidad Católica Boliviana "San Pablo"
- Member, ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR for Bolivia
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF)
- Member, Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member, Paris Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (PVYAP)