Daniel Litowitz is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He has considerable U.S. and global experience in a broad range of strategic transactions, including cash and stock mergers, tender and exchange offers, private equity transactions, stock and asset acquisition and disposition transactions, and joint ventures for U.S. and multinational clients.
Dan started his career at Shearman & Sterling in 1999 and was a member of the M&A practice until 2010; he rejoined the firm in 2014.
- Altice USA, Inc. in the proposed separation from Altice N.V.
- CVS Health Corporation in its pending $69 billion acquisition of Aetna Inc.
- Bunge Limited in its pending $946 million acquisition of 70% of Loders Croklaan from IOI Corporation Berhad and in ongoing general corporate matters
- American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. in connection with its $1.6 billion cash and stock acquisition of Metaldyne Performance Group Inc., its acquisition of USM’s Mexican operations and in ongoing general corporate matters
- Albemarle Corporation in the $3.2 billion sale of its Chemetall Surface Treatment business to BASF SE
- JetBlue Airways Corporation in the entry into a co-brand credit card agreement with Barclaycard, the acquisition of slots from American Airlines, Inc. in connection with the merger of American Airlines, Inc. and US Airways Group, Inc., the acquisition by Deutsche Lufthansa AG of 19% of JetBlue’s outstanding common stock and in ongoing general corporate matters
- Citigroup Inc. in its acquisition and disposition of various domestic and international credit card receivables portfolios, including the acquisition of the Costco co-branded credit card portfolio from American Express Company
- Viacom Inc. in the sale of its interest in the television network Epix to MGM Holdings Inc., Famous Music LLC to Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, the separation of Viacom Inc. and CBS Corporation into two publicly traded companies and its distribution of its interest in Blockbuster Inc. through a split-off exchange offer
- Wausau Paper Corp. in its acquisition by Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget
- The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation in the sale of its business in Latin America, the acquisition of Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation and in ongoing general corporate matters
- ARX Holding Corp., the parent company of American Strategic Insurance, in its acquisition by The Progressive Corporation
- Rockwood Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its titanium dioxide and pigments businesses to Huntsman Corporation and in the sale of its clay-based additives business to Altana AG
- AMC Networks in connection with the establishment of a joint venture with DIRECTV Latin America to own and operate a Sundance-branded channel in seven Latin American countries
- Cablevision Systems Corp. in its sale of Clearview Cinemas to Bow Tie Cinemas
- Daimler AG in its venture investment in GottaPark, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc. in the sale to Johnson & Johnson Inc. of its interests in the over-the-counter consumer products joint venture with Johnson & Johnson Inc.
- P.H. Glatfelter Company in its acquisition of Concert Industries Corp. and in ongoing general corporate matters
- The Dow Chemical Company in its acquisition of Rohm and Haas Company and the disposition of its Calcium Chloride business and its Morton Salt business
- Nokia Corporation in its merger with NAVTEQ Corporation
- Cadbury Schweppes plc in its divestiture of its Americas beverages business and the listing of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. on the NYSE, in its acquisition of the Adams confectionary business from Pfizer Inc. and in the sale of its international carbonated soft drink business to The Coca-Cola Company
- NBC Universal, Inc. in the restructuring of its investment in ION Media Networks, Inc. (f/k/a Paxson Communications Corporation)
- Chemical Lime Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lhoist S.A., in its merger with Franklin Industries Inc.
- Barclays Bank plc in its acquisition of the U.S. mortgage servicing business of HomEq Servicing Corporation, a subsidiary of Wachovia Corporation
- GS Global Infrastructure Partners I, L.P. in its merger with Unison Site Management, L.L.C. and subsequent acquisitions of cell tower portfolios
- Citigroup Inc. in the restructuring of its ownership interest in Banco Credicard S.A. and Orbitall Serviços e Processamento de Informações Comerciais Ltda
- Anglogold Limited in its stock-for-stock merger with Ashanti Goldfields Company Limited and its attempted acquisition of Normandy Mining Limited
- The Lightyear Fund, L.P. in its attempted purchase of substantially all of the assets Maxxim Medical, Inc. out of bankruptcy
- Instrumentarium Corporation in its acquisition by GE Medical Devices through a tender offer
- Schonfeld Securities LLC in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Heartland Securities Corp. out of bankruptcy
- Novartis AG in its sale of its global Nutritional Beverages business to Associated British Foods
- Global TeleSystems, Inc. in its acquisition by KPNQwest NV and sale of its equity stake in Golden Telecom, Inc.
- Technip in its exchange offers for Coflexip and for ISIS and the listing of Technip-Coflexip’s ADSs on the NYSE
- Credit Suisse Group in its acquisition of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, Inc.
- Mpower Communications Corp. in its stock-for-stock merger with Primary Network Holdings, Inc.
- Cybercorp, Inc. in its acquisition by The Charles Schwab Corporation
- Credit Suisse, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley when acting as financial advisor to the acquirer or target in various transactions
New York University School of Law
Johns Hopkins University