Fraser Padmore is an associate in the Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory practice.
Fraser advises a wide range of clients, including banks, investment funds, corporates, fintechs, investment banks, exchanges, clearing houses, and trading platforms, in connection with various advisory and regulatory issues affecting their business.
- An investment fund on its acquisition of a group containing a UK-regulated entity.
- A corporate on its acquisition of a Danish-regulated entity.
- A fund sponsor on the establishment and authorization of a regulated fund manager in the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM).
- Financial institutions and corporates on derivatives clearing, reporting, margin, contractual provisions and conduct of business requirements, including under the EMIR and MiFID II regimes.
- A Middle Eastern country on the establishment of a new legal regime within its territory.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) on legal policy and drafting new legislation.
- Various entities in the Intercontinental Exchange group, in particular its clearing and exchange businesses and in connection with its activities as a publisher of financial indices under the UK and EU Benchmark Regulations.
Fraser has also represented various issuer, banks and brokers on equity and debt capital markets activity, including regarding selling restrictions, stabilization, ethical walls, market soundings, disclosure issues and Market Abuse Regulation matters.
University of Law
University of Edinburgh
LL.B. (Hons.) (First Class)
- Lord President Cooper Memorial Prize Scholarship for most distinguished undergraduate and other awards for academic performance