Lachlan Poustie is a partner in the Project Development & Finance practice.
He has extensive experience in acting for development finance institutions, sponsors, commercial lenders and export credit agencies on the financing of complex infrastructure and energy projects and other assets. He has advised on transactions and projects in Africa, Asia and in other emerging markets as well as in Western, Central and Eastern Europe.
Monash University, Australia
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce
- Victoria, Australia
- England and Wales
Awards & Accolades
- Lachlan Poustie is recognized as “Highly Regarded” for Project Finance in France by IFLR 1000 (2022)
- “Lachlan Poustie is a partner with excellent contacts and very effective negotiation skills. He was able to involve the right people on our file and his expertise in project financing in Africa was extremely useful. He was able to carry out a particularly complex file and advise us on how to move forward.” – Legal 500 EMEA, France, 2022
- “Lachlan Poustie and Jonathan Toffolo are extremely responsive and able to meet very tight timelines.” – Legal 500 EMEA, Tunisia, 2022
- He is listed as a “Rising Star” by the ILFR 1000 2018.
- Recognised as a “Rising Star” by Law360 2018.