Jason Pratt is a partner and leader of the global Environmental practice. His practice focuses on the impact of environmental and climate change laws and regulations on commercial transactions. He has advised companies and financial institutions as lead environmental counsel in the context of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings, real estate transactions, bankruptcy proceedings, regulatory compliance matters and governmental cleanup programs. In addition, Jason advises high net worth individuals in the context of land preservation and conservation easements.
Jason represents corporate and financial institution clients including The Dow Chemical Company, Barclays Capital, Citigroup Global Markets, Morgan Stanley and General Electric.
- The Dow Chemical Company in connection with the sale of its ownership interest in MEGlobal to EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C. for $1.5 billion in pre-tax proceeds
- The Dow Chemical Company in connection with its restructuring of the ownership of Dow Corning Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company in connection with the $7 billion separation of a portion of its chlorine value chain and its merger into a new entity with Olin Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its $1.6 billion acquisition of Endo International’s American Medical Systems
- Albemarle Corporation in connection with its $6.2 billion acquisition of Rockwood Holdings
- Morgan Stanley in connection with Microsemi’s Rule 144A private placement in support of the acquisition of PMC-Sierra.
- Exxon Mobil in connection with the sale of its Torrance, California refinery to a subsidiary of PBF Energy
- Citigroup Global Markets in connection with CSX Corporation’s $600 public offering
- GE on the sale of its GE Capital Transportation Finance business to BMO Financial Group
- ST Assembly Test Services in its merger with ChipPAC
University of Texas School of Law
- Vice-Chair, the Environmental Disclosure Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources, 2013, 2014
Awards & Accolades
- Named a leading practitioner in the field by Chambers USA, Who’s Who Legal – Environment, The Best Lawyers in America and Best Lawyers New York.
- Clients tell Chambers USA that “Jake is one of the best draftsmen in the market. He’s good at translating deal points into actual drafting, and does so in a meticulous and airtight manner. He shows excellent attention to detail.” (2017)