Ivy Rook is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Based in the UAE and qualified in New York, Ivy has advised and represented multinational and State-owned companies in construction and commercial arbitrations under the Rules of the ICC and LCIA. Her experience includes matters in the infrastructure, aviation, telecoms and oil & gas industries.
International arbitrations on which Ivy Rook has worked include the representation of:
- An international joint venture, Claimant in an ICC arbitration against a Middle Eastern State-owned company. The dispute arises from a contract for the design & build of a major infrastructure project in the Middle East. Approximately US$600 million is at stake. The law of the Respondent's State applies.
- An African telecoms infrastructure provider in a LCIA arbitration in Dubai against an African telecoms company. The dispute relates to payment owed to our client under a Deed of Support. English law applies.
- Two international construction contractors, Respondents in an ICC arbitration in London initiated by a Middle Eastern State-owned company. The dispute concerns the development of a world-class medical facility in the Middle East. The law of the Claimant's State applies. Over US$3.7 billion is at stake.
- A Middle Eastern company in the aviation sector, Respondent in eight LCIA arbitrations in London against a European aircraft components supplier. English law applies.
- A Middle Eastern energy company, Claimant in an ICC arbitration in Abu Dhabi against a Middle Eastern insurance company. The dispute arose from the termination of an insurance policy.
- A Middle Eastern company in the aviation sector, Claimant in three LCIA arbitrations in Jeddah and Riyadh against a Middle Eastern aviation services partnership and a Middle Eastern airline concerning unpaid contractual entitlements. The law of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia applied.
Fordham University School of Law
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Master in European Law
M.A. in Human Rights
New York University
B.A. in Politics, Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies