Jeremy Scemama is Head of the Corporate team in Paris.
Jeremy has been working for more than 20 years with listed and non-listed industrial and services groups on their corporate finance operations, restructuring and external growth operations.
Jeremy also advises investment funds on leveraged buyouts, venture capital and development capital transactions.
While working for corporate groups and investments funds, he has developed an extensive experience in transactions involving securities matters (tender offers, pipe transactions, squeeze out, public to private transactions).
*Denotes prior firm experience
- GE Healthcare on the acquisition of Imactis.
- Groupe Premium on the acquisition of Valetys.
- Groupe Premium on the acquisition of Sefima.
- Groupe Digital Company in connection with the acquisition of “Les Eclaireuses”.
- MML Capital Partners on the acquisition of Global Pallets & Packaging Services, alongside the management and Metric Capital Partners (as co-investor).
- PAI Partners and European Camping Group on the acquisition of Vacanceselect by European Camping Group from Permira.
- Groupe Premium for the acquisition of the asset management firm Linard Charbonnel.
- Groupe Premium on the acquisition of Groupe Forward.
- Alpha Private Equity for the acquisition Impact Field Marketing Group.
- Montefiore Investment for the acquisition of the French listed company Groupe Open, through two successive tender offers followed by a squeeze out.
- The Carlyle Group for the acquisition of the French listed company Envea, through two successive tender offers followed by a squeeze out.
- The Carlyle Group, Montefiore Investment and OTPP for its sale of European Camping Group, the European leader in outdoor accommodation, to the benefit of PAI partners.*
- Groupe Premium for its acquisition of Ferri Gestion, a French asset manager.*
- Montefiore Investment for its sale of Groupe Premium, a French insurance broker, to the benefit of Eurazeo PME.*
- Worldline for its acquisition of the Swedish group Handelsbanken, a group operating card-acquiring activities in the Nordic countries.*
- Montefiore Investment for its investment in Bridge Group, a company operating nursing homes.*
- Montefiore lnvestment for its investment of Groupe Open, a French listed company specializing in digital transformation.*
- SopraSteria for its acquisition of Fidor Solutions, a German software editor company.*
- SopraSteria for its acquisition of Sodifrance, a French listed software editor company.*
- SopraSteria for its acquisition of Kentor, a Swedish software editor company.*
- Soprasteria for its acquisition of Cassiopae, a French software editor company.*
- SopratSteria for its acquisition of HR Access, a US software editor company.*
- Bpifrance for its sale of Voluntis, a French listed company.*
- Bpifrance for its sale of Microwave Vision, a French listed company, to the benefit of HLD Capital.*
- Bpifrance for its investment in Vexim, a French listed company specializing in medical research.*
- Montefiore Investment for its acquisition of Valeur et Capital, a French company operating in the real estate sector.*
- Webhelp for its acquisition of Dynamicall, a Peruvian company specializing in the customer care services.*
- Altus group in its acquisition of Finance Active, a French software company, from Cathay Capital.*
- Medtronic for its acquisition of Medicrea, a French listed company operating in the health sector.*
- Groupe Premium for its acquisition of Cap Finances, a French insurance broker.*
- Groupe Premium for its acquisition of Flornoy, a French asset manager.*
- Worldline for its acquisition of equens, a Nordic company operating card-acquiring activities.*
- Haemonetics in connection with the sale of Inlog to the benefit of Abenex Capital.*
- BASF in connection with the acquisition of Solvay’s integrated global polyamide business.*
- Meaning Capital Partners in its sale of Sterimed to the benefit of Sagard.*
- Montefiore Investment for its investment in Voyageurs du Monde, a French listed company specializing in the hospitality sector.*
- The Carlyle Group and Montefiore Investment in its sale of European Camping Group, the outdoor accommodation leader, to the benefit of OTPP (Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Fund).*
- Webhelp in its sale to the benefit of GLD.*
- lllumina Cambridge Ltd. in its acquisition of Enancio, a French company specialized in data compression.*
- Fosun in its investment in Eos Imaging, a French listed company operating in the health sector.*
- Fosun in its acquisition of Saint Hubert from Montagu.*
- Fosun in its acquisition of Club Mediterrannée, a French listed company specializing in the tourism sector.*
- China Eastern Airlines in its investment in KLM-Air France.*
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
M.A., International Law and International Commerce
- Member of the Association of Lawyers Securities Law (ADB)
- Member of the France-China Committee (Comité France Chine)
Awards & Accolades
- According to The Legal 500 EMEA 2023, Jeremy Scemama is “a real star partner on a daily basis in my negotiations, not only on the legal documentation but on all the dynamics of the deal and the interactions with all the parties. All in good humour and a great climate of trust.”
- Jeremy is ranked by Chambers Europe 2023 for Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability. Clients note: “He has a global vision of M&A transactions, including business understanding, and the ability to dive into the details of the wording and resolve specific complexities rapidly and to the satisfaction of both parties.”, “Jeremy Scemama knows our company very well and how we work; he adapts to us.”
- Jeremy is recognized as “Notable Practitioner” for M&A in France by IFLR1000 (2022)
- Jeremy is ranked in Tier 3 by The Legal 500 Europe 2021 for Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Jeremy is ranked by Chambers Europe 2021 for Corporate M&A. Clients note that "Jeremy Scemama handles a wide range of corporate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals. They praise his level-headed approach, saying: "He really works well under pressure."
- SPACs in France, an original vehicle for accessing financial markets, likely to develop in France?, La Lettre des Juristes d'Affaires (LJA), April 2021
- Overview of the contractual engineer of M&A operations: latest trends in France and internationally a market already in transition? Mergers & Acquisitions Magazine, no. 314, January-February 2021
- Preparing for takeovers in the light of Coronavirus, April 2020
- Build-up under LBO: Why build-up? (Interview with Jeremy Scemama), Les Echos Executives, January 2020
- Overview of contractual engineering for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) operations in 2018/2019 - latest trends in France and internationally, La Lettre des Juristes d'Affaires (LJA), June 2019, Les Echos Executives, August 2019
- Funds, LPs and Corporate take on the broad cap, CF News Magazine, January 2019