Shameer is a partner in Leveraged Finance team in London. Shameer’s principal focus is acquisition financings, rescue or stress financings and restructurings, working with a range of clients across financial sponsors, private credit, major investment banks and other financial institutions.
Shameer has advised on all major financing structures, including unitranche, senior, second lien and mezzanine, PIK debt financings, as well as preferred equity and warrants.
- The lead arrangers on an amendment to Ineos Enterprises’ existing cross-border Term Loan B facilities adding additional term loan Bs, split between a €650m tranche and a $550m tranche.
- The initial purchasers on Travelodge’s offering of £330 million senior secured notes due 2028 and €250 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2028, issued by TVL Finance and the arrangers on Travelodge's entry into new super senior revolving credit facilities agreement and intercreditor agreement.
- BlackRock on the debt and equity financing arrangements with Razor Group and its subsidiaries.
- Ares Management on the unitranche financing in support of the acquisition by Goldman Sachs Asset Management of a stake in The Clear Group, a Chartered Insurance Broker that arranges business insurance and home insurance for various sectors.
- Macquarie Capital, Bain Credit and Bank of Ireland on the unitranche financing supporting the acquisition of TES Global by Onex Corporation.*
- Banks and private credit funds providing a multi-tier financing solution backing Advent's USD$8 billion bid for a Swedish listed pharmaceutical business.*
- BlackRock and HPS on the recurring revenue financing supporting the acquisition of Adcubum AG, a leading software manufacturer, and tech11 GmbH, a digital insurance solutions provider by TA Associates.*
- Bank of America and HSBC on the best efforts syndicated refinancing of Onex portfolio company, Acacium.*
- Blackstone Credit on a variety of its investments, including the financing aspects of Lone Star Funds' €3.17 billion acquisition of BASF's Construction Chemicals business.*
- Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge Partners, Cross Ocean Partners, Barings LLC and Canyon Capital Partners LLC on the £400 million refinancing and upsizing of the existing credit facilities of the Odeon Cinemas group.*
- Permira Debt Managers on a variety of its investments, including the financing aspects of Onex’s acquisition of Independent Clinical Services.*
- Refinancing of Aurum, an Apollo Capital Management portfolio company.*
- Ares Capital Management on the unitranche financing supporting the acquisition of Aston Lark by Goldman Sachs PIA.*
- Oaktree Capital Management on its financing supporting the acquisition of Maxbet by Novalpina.*
- BlackRock on the debt and equity stress financing of Icelandic Water.*
- Arcmont Asset Management (formerly BlueBay Asset Management) on the unitranche financing supporting the acquisition of both IPAN and Delegate by Castik Capital.*
- GIC on its back-levered holdco investment in Visma, a majority-owned portfolio company of Hg Capital.*
- PSP Investments on the second lien financing supporting Advent International on its €1.919 billion acquisition of leading European generics business Zentiva from, global biopharmaceutical company, Sanofi.*
- HPS Investment Partners on the unitranche financing supporting the acquisition of a classic car business by Charme Capital Partners.*
- Golub Capital on the growth financing to CloudSense, a Vector Capital portfolio company.*
- Anchorage Capital on the holco financing supporting the acquisition of a majority interest in eir by French telecoms investor NJJ.*
- The unitranche lender in connection with the financing of Bain Capital's acquisitions of a European group specialising in the design and manufacture of high performance pre-cast concrete products and, separately, of an Italian tyre wholesaler by way of the issuance of Italian mini-bonds.*
- The arrangers, including Barclays and Jefferies, on Leonard Green's £420 million bridge to bond and super senior revolving facilities for the acquisition of PureGym.*
- The arrangers on the financing of the public-to-private bid for STADA Arzneimittel by Advent and Permira.*
- The arrangers on the establishment of US$1.1 billion (equivalent) senior credit facilities for OCI N.V., launched concurrently with the debut offering of $1.15 billion senior secured notes due 2023.*
- The arrangers including Barclays and Credit Suisse on Shop Direct's £700 million senior secured notes and revolving credit facilities.*
* Denotes prior firm experience
King's College London
Kaplan Law School
Awards & Accolades
- Shameer is recognised in Chambers UK 2023 as an “Up and Coming” lawyer in Banking & Finance: Big-Ticket. They note that “Shameer is a great lawyer who gets things done for the client.”
- Shameer is recognised in Legal 500 UK 2023 as a “Key Lawyer” for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans.