Ashley Smith is an associate in the Emerging Growth practice.
Ashley’s practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, including company formation, venture capital financings, capital markets and mergers & acquisitions in the technology and life sciences industries. She represents public and private companies, venture funds, emerging growth companies, investors, and entrepreneurs.
- Represented virtual customer engagement and business productivity platform LiveOak Technologies in its sale to DocuSign
- Represented Kestra Financial, the parent company of Bluespring Wealth Partners, in Bluespring’s acquisitions of numerous wealth management firms
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in its $25 million Series A financing
- Represented a real estate investor in its Series A investment in a parking technology company
- Represented a Scandinavian AI company in its Seed financing
- Represented a neurotherapeutics company in its $3 million equity financing
- Represented a venture capital firm in its Series C investment in an EdTech company
The University of Texas School of Law
- “Overview of the Venture Capital Financing Lifecycle” (December 7, 2020)