Shao Wei is an associate in the Project Development & Finance and M&A practices based in Singapore.
- AC Energy in relation to its joint venture interests in the Dai Phong and Hong Phong Wind Projects in Vietnam.
- An anchor investor in respect of its investment into the PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy IPO.
- A confidential power company on the acquisition of interests in a solar power project in Africa.
- A confidential bidder in connection with a bid for an offshore wind project in Asia.
- A leading dedicated green fuels company in relation to its proposed Series B capital raise.
- A renewable energy company on its proposed pan-Asian solar PV and battery storage investment platform.
- A confidential energy company on its proposed acquisition of a significant stake in a downstream oil and gas project company in Asia.
- A fintech startup in Indonesia in relation to its proposed Series B capital raise.
- IFC on its investment in Alliance Healthcare, a leading healthcare group in Peshawar, Pakistan, that currently operates a 320-bed flagship tertiary hospital, a medical college, and an institute of health sciences.
- 8th Wonder Corporation and Hotlink Investment Limited on a potential sale of the majority of their stakes in Playtika Holding Corporation.
- A fund/family office in connection with its disposal of interest in a mine in Indonesia for the purposes of establishing a mine mouth thermal power plant.
- An established real estate fund in navigating the complexities of its relationship with a joint venture partner.
- A Swiss company in relation to its rights and obligations as part of an unincorporated consortium that is party to a power purchase agreement, and in its own capacity as party to a share purchase agreement and a shareholders’ agreement.
- K-EXIM, KDB, ADB, CDC, IFC, AIIB, FMO, PROPARCO and OFID in relation to the financing and development of the Upper Trishuli-1 216 MW hydro power project in Nepal.
- A syndicate of multiple lenders (led by K-EXIM) in relation to the SOFR-based financing of two independent power plants development in Saudi Arabia.
- The lenders, including KEXIM in relation to KEPCO’s bid to develop and finance the Jafurah Cogeneration Project in Saudi Arabia.
- K-Sure, KDB and other lenders in relation to the financing of the 2x100 MW mine-mouth Kalsel-1 IPP in Indonesia.
- The lenders, on the MIGA-covered refinancing of the 220 MW Bhola Combined Cycle Gas Turbine project in Bangladesh, and previously and separately an Asian energy company in relation to the potential purchase of the same power project.
- ADB, IFC and DEG on the financing of 3x50MW Triconboston wind farms developed by a single SPV using an innovative financing structure. This was the first IPP to use this financing structure.
- A DFI on the development of its scaling solar plus BESS template, as well as on the financing of 3 BESS plus solar projects in Samoa and a wind farm plus BESS in Indonesia
- IFC, OPIC and domestic commercial banks in the financing of the 50 MW TGL wind farm in Southern Sindh, Pakistan.
- The lenders in connection with the financing of the 50MW Oursun solar project in Pakistan. This is Pakistan’s first privately financed solar project.
- Clifford Capital and SMBC on the permanent financing of a 300 MW HFO IPP developed by the Summit group in Kodda, Gazipur.
- Masdar in connection with the development of a 145MW floating solar PV project over the Cirata reservoir in Indonesia, to be undertaken under the new PJB holding structure.
- The consortium of Marubeni, Sojitz and Pertamina on the development and financing of the Jawa-1 LNG to power project in Indonesia, including the EPC contract and the shipbuilding contract for the FSRU.
- Sponsors in relation to the refinancing of a 584 MW gas/R-LNG based combined cycle power plant in Bangladesh.
- DITO Telecommunity on the financing in connection with the Philippine-wide 4G/5G-ready networks.
- A supermajor international integrated energy company on the structuring and development of three carbon capture and storage projects in Australia. This will be one of the world’s largest offshore carbon capture and storage exploration and development projects.
- The lenders in connection with KEPCO and JENWA’s bid to develop and finance a 470MW cogeneration independent steam and power plant catering to the Amiral petrochemicals project in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
National University of Singapore