Rali Tiu is an Associate in the Private Equity Group in Shearman & Sterling’s Houston office. She focuses her practice on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and corporate finance matters.
Prior to her law firm experience, Rali was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Kurt D. Engelhardt at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented WhiteHawk Income Corporation in its purchase and sale option agreement with Three Rivers Royalty, LLC. WhiteHawk is focused on acquiring mineral and royalty interests in top tier oil and gas resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, and Marcellus Shale.
Tulane University Law School
LL.M., with Honors
J.D., magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- Social Chair, Tulane Women in Law
City, University Of London, City Law School
LL.B., First Class Degree
- Dean’s Award for Subject Excellence in Equity and Trust
- Dean’s Award for Subject Excellence in Land Law
- Start-Ed Pro Bono Legal Clinic, Student Advisor to startup companies
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
A year of Archaeology
- Texas State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Disputes, Duties and Disclosures: The D.C. Circuit Holds That There is No Duty to Disclose When the Arbitrator’s Interest in a Party is Only “Trivial,” Tulane Maritime Law Journal, Vol. 43 Online, 2019
- Cracking Down on Antitrust Prohibitions: Conferences, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Alliances in the Shipping Industry, Tulane Maritime Law Journal, Vol. 44, Spring 2020