Raphaël Tulkens is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
International arbitrations on which Raphaël Tulkens has worked include the representation of:
- An African company and its shareholder, Claimants in an ICC arbitration in London against North American companies. The dispute arises from the termination of a consultancy agreement relating to oil drilling services. Over US$100 million is at stake. English law applies.
- A heavy equipment supplier and contractor in relation to a highly complex construction arbitration, related local litigation and a number of delay, disruption, defects and other disputes arising out of two fossil fuel construction megaprojects in Africa with claims and counterclaims of over US$2 billion. The law of the country of the projects applies.
- A North American multinational information management company in a SIAC arbitration in Singapore against a South Asian private equity firm claiming over US$140 million. The dispute related to the valuation of a company. English law applied.
- KLS Energy Lanka Sdn. Bhd. and KLS Energy Lanka (Private) Ltd in an ICSID arbitration against the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/39). The dispute relates to a renewable energy generation enterprise and the claims are brought under the Malaysia-Sri Lanka bilateral investment treaty.
New College of the Humanities
University of Oxford
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators’ Forum
- Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)