Lauren is counsel in our Finance practice and is based in the London office.
She focuses her practice on UK and cross-border acquisition finance and restructuring. She has experience acting for senior lenders, junior lenders, alternative credit providers and private equity sponsors on a variety of capital structures in the European large-cap and mid-cap markets, including syndicated cov-lite and cov-loose financings, second lien loan financings, super senior revolving credit facility and high yield bond financings, stretched senior and unitranche financings, as well as subordinated instruments including PIK and preferred equity.
- The lenders on the financing in support of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of Maticmind S.p.A. from a consortium including Carmine Saladino, Chairman of Maticmind, and Fondo Italiano d’Investimento SGR.
- The financing sources in connection with Francisco Partners’ bid for Autoform.
- The global coordinators in connection with the high-yield notes issuance of an aggregate of €1.475 billion senior secured notes and senior notes by Summer (BC) Holdco B S.à r.l. and Summer (BC) Holdco A S.à r.l. The notes were issued as part of the $3 billion financing package for the proposed Bain Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Kantar.*
- A global hedge fund in respect of proposed DIP financing and alternative rescue financing for an international airport services group.*
- Ares Management Limited in connection with the TLB/SSRCF financing for Summit Advisor’s acquisition of Benelux-based laboratory services group, Viroclincs and other bolt on acquisitions.*
- Oakley Capital in connection with the financing of its €40 million acquisition of Spanish business software provider Ekon from Unit4.*
- The lenders in connection with the £2.57 billion public-to-private acquisition of Ultra Electronics by US-based aerospace and defence supplier Cobham, an Advent International portfolio company.*
- Abry Partners II, LLC, the media, communications, business and information services focused private equity investment firm, in connection with its joint venture acquisition of Rewards Gateway*
- Abry Partners II, LLC, the media, communications, business, and information services focused private equity investment firm in connection with its disposal of a majority interest in AddSecure to funds advised by Castik Capital S.à r.l.*
- The mandated lead arrangers and underwriters in connection with the £2.5 billion first/second lien financing for U.S. private equity firm Advent International’s public-to-private bid to acquire Cobham plc.*
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with the $3 billion financing package for private investment firm Bain Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Kantar from British multinational advertising and public relations firm WPP.*
- The lead arrangers in connection the financing for the recommended public-to-private acquisition by Advent International of Laird PLC for approximately £1 billion.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
College of Law, Moorgate, UK
University of Cambridge
University of Western Ontario
Awards and Accolades
- Lauren is recognised as a "Key Lawyer" in Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans for Legal 500 UK 2023.