Leo Wong is counsel in the Capital Markets practice of the Hong Kong office.
Leo has represented investment banks and issuers in a broad range of public and private capital markets transactions. He has experience in investment grade and high yield debt issuances, initial public offerings and cross-border securities offerings.
- Beijing Xinyu Meiye Holdings Limited as a selling shareholder in connection with the primary listing of Beauty Farm Medical and Health Industry Inc. on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and its global offering. The IPO raised net proceeds of approximately HK$684.6 million.
- The placement agents on the PIPE in connection with Prenetics Group Limited’s business combination with Artisan Acquisition Corp, a Cayman-registered SPAC listed on the NASDAQ. Prenetics, a global leader in genomic and diagnostic testing, is the first Hong Kong startup valued at more than US$1.0 billion to be publicly listed in any market.
- The underwriters in connection with the US$1.3 billion initial public offering of 23,493,524,800 common shares of PT Dayamitra Telekomunikasi Tbk (Mitratel), a subsidiary of PT Telkom Indonesia (Persero) Tbk which owns and operates telecommunications towers in Indonesia, on the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
- The underwriters in the US$169 million initial public offering and NYSE listing of Black Spade Acquisition Co, a Hong Kong-based special-purpose acquisition company targeting the entertainment industry in China.
- The underwriters in the US$250 million initial public offering and Nasdaq listing of L Catterton Asia Acquisition Corp., an Asia-focused SPAC targeting consumer technology companies headquartered in Singapore. L Catterton is backed by LVMH, the world's largest luxury conglomerate.
- An investor in the US$360 million initial public offering and NYSE listing of Primavera Capital Acquisition Corp.
- The underwriters in connection with the offering by selling shareholders of 2,243,000 American Depositary Shares (ADSs) each representing one Class A ordinary share of Burning Rock Biotech Limited for a total consideration of approximately US$57.76 million, which is listed on NASDAQ.
- JW (Cayman) Therapeutics Co. Ltd. in connection with its approximately HK$2.325 billion (US$300 million) initial public offering and global offering of ordinary shares on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Jinxin Fertility Group Limited in connection with its US$390 million initial public offering and global offering of ordinary shares on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- The underwriters in connection with the approximately US$214 million initial public offering and global offering of ordinary shares of Koolearn Technology Holding Limited on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Hexindai Inc., a fast-growing consumer lending marketplace in China, in its NASDAQ initial public offering and listing.
- CK Hutchison International (23) Limited, as Issuer, and CK Hutchison Holdings Limited, as Guarantor, in connection with the issuance of US$1.25 billion 4.750% Guaranteed Notes due 2028 and US$1.25 billion 4.875% Guaranteed Notes due 2033.
- Sinopec Century Bright Capital Investment Limited and Sinopec Century Bright Capital Investment (America) LLC, as the Issuers, and China Petrochemical Corporation, as the Guarantor, in relation to changes in the Issuing Paying Agent and the terms of the Guarantee under their Commercial Paper Program.
- Greenko Wind Projects (Mauritius) Ltd in connection with the offering of US$750 million in aggregate principal amount of 5.50% Senior Notes due 2025 by Greenko Wind Projects (Mauritius) Ltd, unconditionally guaranteed by Greenko Energy Holdings on a senior basis. It was the first international green bond issuance to fund the construction of an energy storage project in India.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the offering of US$1.5 billion in aggregate principal amount of 2.875% Senior Notes due 2032, US$1.75 billion in aggregate principal amount of 3.625% Senior Notes due 2052 and US$750 million in aggregate principal amount of 3.750% Senior Notes due 2062 by Reliance Industries Limited. It is the largest ever foreign currency bond transaction in India. (Best Deal in South Asia - The Asset Triple A Country Awards for Sustainable Finance 2022)
- The joint lead managers in connection with Gemstones International Limited’s HK$222.95 million 6.0% guaranteed commercial paper notes due 2022, US$11.5 million 6.0% guaranteed commercial paper notes due 2022 and CNY1 million 6.0% guaranteed commercial paper notes due 2022, unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by LVGEM (China) Real Estate Investment Company.
- The initial purchasers in connection with eHi Car Services Limited's offering of US$150 million 7.75% Senior Notes due 2024.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the new notes offering of US$440 million 9.25% guaranteed senior notes due 2024 and concurrent (i) tender offer and consent solicitation for up to US$50 million of Mongolia Mining Corporation’s outstanding perpetual securities and (ii) tender offer and consent solicitation for any and all of Energy Resources LLC’s outstanding senior notes due 2022.
- GLP Pte. Ltd. in connection with the issuance of US$850 million 4.50% green subordinated perpetual capital notes under its US$5 billion Euro Medium Term Note Program. This is the first-ever offering of US$ green subordinated perpetual securities by an APAC corporate issuer and the largest US$ green subordinated perpetual offering globally to date.
- The initial purchasers in the offering of US$230 million 0% convertible senior notes due 2028 of MakeMyTrip Limited.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the offering by PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk of US$300 million 2.75% senior unsecured notes due 2026.
The George Washington University Law School
University of Chicago
- Cantonese Chinese
- Mandarin Chinese
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer - Rising Star for Capital Markets by IFLR1000 (2023-2024) (33rd edition)
- Recognized as a Recommended Lawyer for Capital Markets: Debt and Capital Markets: Equity by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2023)