Firm Awarded 'Financial Regulation Team of the Year' at IFLR’s 2016 Europe Awards
Shearman & Sterling was awarded “Financial Regulation Team of the Year” at the IFLR 2016 Europe Awards in recognition of the high-profile, complex regulatory matters the firm advised on over the last year, including:
- helping two Greek banking clients structure successful recapitalizations against the backdrop of the entirely new pan-EU Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive;
- establishing an innovative legal and regulatory regime from scratch for the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
- advising various financial institutions on the impact of sanctions;
- advising on the regulatory aspects of Fairfax's acquisition of insurer Brit PLC; and
- advising RBS on its inaugural $3.1 billion contingent convertible offering of additional tier 1 securities.
Shearman & Sterling was also awarded “Financial Regulation Team of the Year” at the IFLR 2014 Europe Awards.