John is an associate in the Finance practice.
John represents leading financial institutions, investment funds and private equity firms (including private credit arms) in a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged and investment-grade committed financings and refinancings, private capital transactions, syndicated bank loans, acquisition finance and asset-based finance. Some of his leading clients include Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase Bank, Morgan Stanley, Citibank and Credit Suisse.
John’s previous experience includes practicing in the finance group of a leading international law firm in Singapore.
- Credit Suisse and a large UK investment bank, as Arrangers, Bank of Montreal, as First & Second Lien Administrative Agent, a large UK investment bank, as ABL Administrative Agent, and additional Arrangers, on a $2.021 billion financing for the acquisition of Bayer Environmental Science by Cinven, a carve-out transaction of Bayer AG’s environmental science business. The financing includes a $1.346 billion first lien term loan facility, a $300 million second lien term loan facility, a $225 million revolving credit facility and a $150 million ABL facility.
- Morgan Stanley as Administrative Agent, on an amendment to Sensata Technologies’ existing $420 million secured revolving credit facility to extend the maturity date of the revolving credit loans thereunder and to add a $330 million incremental upsize, to finance general corporate purposes.
- UBS AG, Stamford Branch as Administrative Agent, on an amendment to Bella Holding Company, LLC’s existing $750 million first-lien term loan facility and $300 million second-lien term loan facility for the financing of MedRisk by CVC Capital.
- A large US investment bank, as Administrative Agent and Collateral Agent, on a $135 million first lien term loan facility, the proceeds of which are to be used for a management buyout of a New York based real estate development firm.
- A private credit arm of a large private equity firm, as Administrative Agent and Collateral Agent, on a $75 million term loan facility for a growth stage SaaS company, the proceeds of which are to be used for refinancing existing loans, working capital and general corporate purposes.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as Administrative Agent, on an amendment to an existing $1.7 billion revolving credit facility for LPL Holdings to finance general corporate purposes.
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. as Administrative Agent, on an amendment to an existing $600 million term loan facility for Whirlpool Corporation to finance general corporate purposes.
- A large US investment bank, as First Lien Administrative Agent, on an amendment to an existing $85 million first lien revolving credit facility.
New York University School of Law
National University of Singapore
LL.B. (First Class Honors)
- Member of the Asian American Bar Association of New York