Gregory Gewirtz is counsel in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Gregory has broad experience advising on public and private mergers and acquisitions, including carve-outs, divestitures, reorganizations, minority investments, joint ventures, and financial advisory assignments.
Gregory’s experience includes a secondment with The Dow Chemical Company’s corporate and financial law department in Midland, Michigan during the first half of 2013, and a rotation to the Hong Kong Mergers & Acquisitions practice from June 2017 to June 2018.
- The Dow Chemical Company in various transactions, including in matters related to its combination with DuPont and subsequent spinoff, the sale of its European extruded polystyrene foam business to Ravago, the sale of its acid copolymers and ionomers business to SK Chemical, the sale of its stake in MEGlobal to Equate Petrochemical, the sale of its Dow Chlorine Products business to Olin in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction, the sale of its 50% stake in the Nippon Unicar joint venture to Tonen Chemical, the sale of its global polypropylene business to Braskem, the sale of its Styron business to Bain Capital, matters relating to its terminated K-Dow joint venture with PIC, and other proposed transactions
- Lanxess in its $1.075 billion acquisition of Emerald Kalama Chemical from American Securities, its acquisition of the clean and disinfect businesses of Chemours, and its acquisition of the U.S. phosphorus business of Solvay
- Dover in its acquisition of The Espy Corporation
- Sasol in the sale of its 50% membership interest in its polyethylene joint venture to INEOS
- Celanese Corporation in the restructuring of its 50/50 Korea Engineering Plastics Co. joint venture with Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc., and in the $1.575 billion divestiture of its interest in its Polyplastics joint venture to Daicel Corporation.
- KMG Chemicals in its acquisition by Cabot Microelectronics
- Temasek Holdings in its investment in Tencent Music Entertainment
- China Investment Corporation in its co-investment with Sycamore Partners in the take-private of Staples
- International Finance Corporation in its sales of shares in Bank South Pacific to the Fiji National Provident Fund and to the Samoa National Provident Fund
- Blue Pool Capital in its Series D investment in SECA
- Primavera Capital Group in its investment in Cainiao Smart Logistics Network Limited, the logistics arm of Alibaba Group
- ZZ Capital in its sales of its investments in Building Energy and Surgical Specialties to Aretex Capital Partners
- Tiger Group Investments in connection with the sale of its Greater China Intermodal joint venture with The Carlyle Group and other members to Seaspan
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Sohu.com Inc. in connection with the acquisition of all outstanding shares (including shares represented by American depositary shares) in its majority-owned subsidiary Changyou.com Limited by Dr. Charles Zhang, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sohu and the Chairman of the Board of Changyou.com
- HeartWare International in various transactions, including its acquisitions of World Heart Corporation and CircuLite and its proposed sale to Thoratec
- Danone in its acquisitions of YoCream International and YoCrunch
- Sun Pharmaceutical in its attempted going-private transaction of its controlled subsidiary Taro Pharmaceutical
- Grupo Sura in its co-investment transactions in connection with its acquisition of ING’s Latin American pensions, life insurance and investment management operations, with affiliates of each of General Atlantic Partners, International Finance Corporation, and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- BE Aerospace in various transactions, including its acquisition of the TSI Group and another unannounced acquisition
- Northgate Capital in its sale of a majority interest to Religare Enterprises
- WebMD in its sale of Porex Corporation
- NASDAQ OMX Group in its joint bid, together with Intercontinental Exchange, for NYSE Euronext and in its acquisition of TruEquity
- Intercontinental Exchange in various transactions, including in matters relating to its acquisition of the New York Stock Exchange and its partnership with Cetip
- Liberty Global in various transactions, including its creation of its “LiLaC” tracking stock under English law
- Merrill Lynch & Co. in its sale to Bank of America Corporation
- Bank of America Corporation, Barclays Capital, Centerview Partners, Credit Suisse, Evercore Group, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, and Perella Weinberg Partners when acting as financial advisor
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
Certificate in Business and Public Policy
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
B.E. in Civil Engineering
- Co-Author, “Changing Its Mind: A Board’s Prerogative?, “ The M&A Lawyer, September 2015
- Co-Author, “Dusting Off Appraisal Rights: The Development of a New Investment Strategy,” The M&A Lawyer, April 2014