Florian Harder is Head of the German Offices and a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Florian specializes in advising financial and strategic investors as well as corporates on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. He also has extensive experience in representing management and supervisory boards on all aspects of corporate law.
Florian is ranked as a leading lawyer for M&A in the JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftsrecht 2020/2021 and recommended for Private Equity and Corporate Law/M&A in the current edition of the JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftsrecht 2021/2022 as well as highly regarded in Private Equity by IFLR1000 in 2020. He is also ranked as leading lawyer of the next generation for large cap M&A by Legal 500 in 2021.
- Igneo Infrastructure Partners, a part of First Sentier Investors Group, on a joint venture with E.ON for the rollout of high speed broadband infrastructure in Germany
- Intek Group and KME on the sale of the wires business to Elcowire and on the acquisition of parts of Arubis’ flat rolled products (FRP) business segment
- Intek Group on the sale of the specialty business to Paragon to form a joint venture owned 55% by Paragon and 45% by KME group
- Cookiebot‘s Merger with Usercentrics
- First Sentier Investments (FSI) on its public takeover of a 45.1 percent stake of the Mannheim-based energy company MVV AG*
- Audi on the carve out of holoride GmbH and on its subsequent financing and the proposed sale of Ducati*
- Apax on the acquisition of Becton Dickinson, the contemplated sale of Unilabs and on several portfolio situations in the German market*
- Deutsche Börse AG on its acquisition of 360T AG from Summit Partners, Brockhaus Capital and the Management as well as on the financing rounds in the fintech companies CloudMargin and Origin*
- Siemens on its EUR 14 billion public offer for Alstom‘s energy business, on the Joint Venture with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and on the acquisition of Rolls-Royce Energy’ gas turbines business*
- IK Investment Partners on the sale of Minimax Viking Group to Kirkbi A/S and Intermediate Capital Group and the acquisition of Transnorm Group*
- KME SE, a subsidiary of Intek Group S.p.A, on the sale of its brass business in Germany and Italy and the tubes business in Germany and Italy to Chinese Hailiang Group and on the acquisition of MKM Mansfelder Kupfer und Messing GmbH*
- Osram on the carve out of their lamps business (Ladvance) and the subsequent M&A process*
- PSP on its EUR 1 billion acquisition of Hochtief Airports*
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on its investment in Zalando and the supsequent initial public offering*
- Triton on several acquisitions, amongst others on the sale of Wittur Group and on the sale of the of Compo Expert Business*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
De Montfort University Leicester