Meenakshi is an associate in the Finance group in London.
Meenakshi focuses on bank finance, specifically secured and unsecured bilateral loans, leveraged finance, acquisition finance and syndicated loans. Meenakshi represents lenders, corporate borrowers, private equity sponsors and agents in connection with various domestic and cross-border lending, leveraged finance and corporate finance transactions.
Meenakshi also has experience in Indian finance transactions, with a focus on bank finance, external commercial borrowings, debt capital markets and debt restructuring under Indian law.
Prior to joining the Firm, Meenakshi worked at a leading Indian commercial law firm in their Mumbai office.
- The lenders in connection with the refinancing of senior and mezzanine facilities by the Lodha Group for the One Grosvenor Square project in London.*
- Aditya Birla Finance Limited in connection with the rupee term loan facility availed by the subsidiary of a leading Indian renewable energy conglomerate.*
- The consortium of Malaysian banks in connection with the facilities availed by the Malaysian subsidiary of a leading Indian retail conglomerate including advice on related applicable Indian regulations in connection with securing such facilities by way of guarantees and security from India.*
- The lenders in connection with an Indian rupee term loan facility availed by a leading cement conglomerate for the purpose of refinance existing debt and the expenditure relating to the partial takeover of certain cement assets. *
- A real estate development and property management company in connection with the investment by the Blackstone Group through subscription of listed non-convertible debentures under Indian law. *
- Vedanta Resources plc in connection with the Reg S/144A high yield bond offering of $1 billion bonds for a total consideration of $989 million. *
- A leading Indian wind power corporation in connection with the issuance and subscription of listed, secured and rated, non-convertible debentures to refinance existing external commercial borrowings for financing a wind farm project located in Gujarat, India. *
- ECL Finance Limited (part of the Edelweiss Group) as the sole counsel in connection with the public issue of secured redeemable non-convertible debentures aggregating up to ₹5,000 million with an option to retain over-subscription up to an amount of ₹15,000 million aggregating to ₹20,000 million. *
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited in connection with the offering of 5.375% Reg S/144A high yield senior secured $300 million bonds. *
- Vedanta Limited in connection with its bid for Electrosteel Steels Limited as part of the corporate insolvency resolution process under Indian law. *
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited in connection with the debt restructuring aspects in bidding for certain telecommunication assets of Reliance Communications Limited under Indian law. *
- A leading Indian cement manufacturing conglomerate in connection with the debt restructuring under various schemes formulated by the Reserve Bank of India which included drafting, negotiating and execution of an umbrella settlement agreement with twelve public sector banks. *
*Denotes prior firm experience
LL.M (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Dean's Honors)
National University of Juridical Sciences
B.A., LL.B (Hons.)