Arthur Lloyd Morriss is an associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Arthur advises on a range of energy and infrastructure projects in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, including on project development, financing, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate and commercial matters.
- ADNOC on the sale by CEPSA of its entire upstream portfolio of assets in the UAE to TotalEnergies.
- The Dow Chemical Company on the $10.5 billion financial and commercial restructuring of its joint venture with Saudi Aramco in relation to the $20 billion world-scale integrated Sadara chemicals complex (including ammonia production) in Saudi Arabia. This was awarded MENA Petrochemicals Deal of the Year at the IJGlobal Awards, 2021.
- NEOM Company, Saudi Arabia’s new city gigaproject development company, on a $8.4 billion green energy joint venture with ACWA Power and Air Products that will incorporate the region’s largest wind and solar renewables production projects (4GW in total), as well as a ground-breaking green hydrogen / green ammonia export project.
- PETRONAS on the $28 billion RAPID integrated refinery and petrochemicals project in Pengerang, Malaysia.
- UAE Government-owned entities on the financing, acquisition and grid integration of captive power and water assets in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- ADNOC on the procurement, construction and development of new onshore and offshore accommodation facilities in Abu Dhabi.
- Sasol Group on its sale of 49% shareholding in the Central Termica de Ressano Garcia plant, or CTRG.
- Utilities Trust of Australia and the Infrastructure Fund on the sale of their interests in Porterbrook (the UK rolling stock leasing business) to a consortium of Dalmore Capital and Generation Capital.
- Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 6 on its acquisition of Farnborough Airport.
- ADNOC on the sale of interests in the ultra-sour gas Ghasha oil and gas concession to ENI, Wintershall DEA and OMV.
- ADNOC on the grant of a 40 percent interest in the Ruwais Diyab unconventional gas concession to Total, the first arrangement of its kind in the Middle East.
- BAPCO on the implementation of its $6.5 billion upgrade and modernisation program.
- Masdar and Bee’ah on the development and financing of the pioneering Sharjah Waste-to-Energy Project in Sharjah, UAE.
- Mubadala Petroleum on the purchase of a 20% stake in the Egypt's Nour North Sinai Offshore Area Concession from Eni S.p.A.
- General Electric on the $3.25 billion sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent International.
University of Law
LPC with MSc in Law, Business and Management (Distinction)
University College London
LLB (First Class Honours)