Ilir Mujalovic is the Americas Capital Markets Team Leader and a Lead Industry Coordinator for Healthcare. He is also a member of the Firm’s Policy Committee.
He has extensive experience representing issuers and underwriters on a wide variety of matters, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, convertible bonds, high yield and other debt offerings. Ilir works with clients across many industries, including Healthcare, Consumer/Retail, TMT, Industrials, Power and Utilities and Financial Institutions.
Ilir regularly represents corporate clients such as Valvoline Inc. in connection with corporate governance and SEC compliance matters and works with leading investment banks including BofA Securities, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Credit Suisse, Cowen, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Jefferies, Piper Sandler, Leerink and UBS.
He is ranked as a leading capital markets lawyer in Chambers & Partners USA 2023 and in prior years and in Legal 500 USA 2023 for his work on initial public offerings, life sciences, healthcare and SPAC offerings.
According to Chambers & Partners, Ilir gets excellent feedback for his representation of issuers and underwriters with impressed clients noting:
- “He makes the work look effortless. He's a pleasure to work with, and he's very proactive and efficient. I love working with him.”
- “Ilir is at the cutting edge of the market. He has great client service skills, is always available and really knows the market.”
- “He is a fantastic attorney. He is very commercial while still ensuring his client’s legal interests are protected and focusing on the detail.”
- “He is capable, commercial and he understands the product on a sophisticated level.”
- “He is super diligent and highly responsive, and when a diligence issue arises during the deal, everyone has the comfort of knowing that he is on the deal, as he looks out for his client and does not cave into pressures.”
- Clients commend “the quality of his work, level of commitment and thoughtfulness” and attest to his “great presence in the room when leading discussions,” reporting him to be “very communicative, engaged and someone who cares about clients and the transactions.”
- “His hands-on approach and focus is truly remarkable and he’s my go-to lawyer when it comes to equity issuances.”
- “He has an unbelievable work ethic, with a hands-on and pragmatic approach. He is laser-focused on getting to the right outcomes for anything that he works on.”
Client feedback in Legal 500 USA 2023 includes:
- “Ilir is by far one of the best lawyers I have and continue to work with. Spent many hours on the phone and zoom with him on a wide variety of equity topics, and especially through the Covid era where SPACs were pricing, and we worked on various PIPEs, Ilir was there to help throughout the course of the process and provide guidance on the more complicated issues.”
- “Ilir is an outstanding lawyer, who I have had the chance to work in multiple transactions over the last decade. He’s extremely thoughtful, thorough and hands on and has great business judgment. Ilir is always very focused on delivering the best outcome for clients and is fully on top of every single work stream in a project. He’s extremely experienced and seasoned, but still willing to work very hard and get involved in all important aspects of the deal.”
Ilir is a contributing editor of the book entitled Initial Public Offerings 2022, which provides CEOs, CFOs, investment bankers, general counsel, lawyers and the investing community with a detailed overview of the crucial steps, legal issues and market practices involved in an IPO process in major global markets.
He also recently co-authored a chapter in a book titled Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book, published by the Practising Law Institute.
From August 2010 through February 2014, Ilir was a Director and Assistant General Counsel at Bank of America Merrill Lynch where he advised on a broad range of equity and high yield capital markets transactions.