Heather Pals is an associate in the Capital Markets practice.
She regularly represents corporate and sovereign issuers and their underwriters in a broad range of public and private capital markets transactions, with a focus on cross-border securities offerings.
Heather has experience advising clients in connection with a variety of debt and equity transactions, including acquisition financings, investment-grade and high-yield debt offerings, liability management transactions and public equity offerings. She also advises clients on their public disclosure, SEC and NYSE/Nasdaq compliance matters and corporate governance matters. Heather works with clients in a range of industries, including financial services, mining and metals, energy and homebuilding.
- The Province of Ontario in connection with its public offerings of investment grade debt securities;
- The Province of British Columbia in connection with its public offerings of investment grade debt securities;
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, Barrick Gold Corporation and the Provinces of Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick on U.S. securities law matters;
- Mattamy Group Corporation on its Rule 144A/Regulation S senior notes offering;
- The underwriters in connection with a senior notes offer in by Magna International;
- The initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S senior notes offering and public offering of common shares by Kinross Gold Corporation;
- The underwriters in connection with an investment grade offering of senior notes by Canadian Natural Resources Limited;
- The underwriters in connection with Cenovus Energy Inc.’s senior notes offering;
- The underwriters in connection with Cenovus Energy Inc.’s bought deal offering of common shares;
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in its acquisition of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG;
- B/E Aerospace on its acquisition by Rockwell Collins;
- The underwriters in connection with Bank of Montreal’s investment grade senior notes offerings;
- The initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S senior notes offering by Dana Financing Luxembourg S.Á.R.L;
- The underwriters in connection with The Boeing Company’s investment grade senior notes offering; and
- The underwriters in Consolidated Communication, Inc.’s high yield offering of debt securities.
- Associate Editor and Production Editor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review
Goodman School of Business
University of Western Ontario
B.Sc. (Hons), Gold Medalist
- Foreign Legal Consultant, Ontario