Matthew Weston is an associate in the Compensation, Governance & ERISA practice of Shearman & Sterling LLP. His practice focuses on a wide variety of compensation-related matters, including negotiating compensation and benefit arrangements in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions, disclosure and regulatory compliance, and employment negotiations with senior executives. Matthew’s practice also includes advising client’s on reporting obligations under Sections 13 and 16 of the Securities Exchange Act.
- J.F. Lehman & Company (JFLCO) in its agreement to sell Lone Star Disposal (Lone Star) to Waste Connections US Holdings (Waste Connections).
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (Fairfax) in connection with the sale of its Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group (C&F Pet) and Pethealth to JAB Holding Company for $1.4 billion
- PSA International Pte Ltd on its acquisition of BDP International, Inc., from Greenbriar Equity Group, L.P.
- Local Bounti Corporation in its acquisition of Hollandia Produce Group (Pete’s)
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency LLC in its acquisition by Parthenon Capital Partners
- NIC Inc. in its $2.3 billion acquisition by Tyler Technologies
- WinWire Technologies in its sale to an affiliate of Sverica Capital Management LP
- Pushpay Holdings Limited in its acquisitions of Church Community Builder, LLC and Resi Media LLC
- Fenway Sports Group in a variety of matters including its investment by RedBird Capital Partners
- CVS Health Corporation in its $69 billion merger with Aetna Inc.
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V. in its $2.25 billion acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- The underwriters in connection with FTS International, Inc.’s initial public offering of 22.425 million shares of common stock, resulting in gross proceeds to FTS International of $306.7 million
- Dassault Systèmes in its $400 million acquisition of Exa Corporation
- WebMD Health Corp. in its $2.8 billion merger with KKR & Co.’s Internet Brands unit
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in its acquisition of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings AG in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $4.9 billion
- B/E Aerospace in its $6.4 billion merger with Rockwell Collins
- The underwriters in connection with Valvoline Inc.’s initial public offering of 34.5 million shares of common stock, resulting in gross proceeds to Valvoline of $759 million
- HeartWare International Inc. on its $1.1 billion merger with Medtronic Inc.
- Salesforce.com in its $2.8 billion public tender offer for Demandware, Inc. and in its acquisition of private company Quip, Inc.
- Various firm clients in connection with securities law issues and Section 13 and Section 16 filings
- CVS Health Corporation and Liberty Global, in relation to regular executive compensation, disclosure and governance advice
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
J.D., cum laude
- Senior Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
University of Northern Colorado
B.S., summa cum laude
- Former professional baseball player in the San Francisco Giants and Houston Astros organizations.