Women General Counsel Roundtable
We proudly hosted an inaugural conference for leading women general counsel and chief legal officers on June 14 in our New York office. The full-day event included high-profile speakers from media, industry, government and non-profits, interactive presentations, and the chance to connect with colleagues who are leading and changing the legal landscape. Attendees took away, among other things, a timely analysis of critical corporate governance and global mergers and acquisitions developments impacting public and private companies.
David Beveridge, Shearman & Sterling Senior Partner, and Donna Parisi, partner and Global Head of Finance, delivered the opening remarks to this exclusive event. Partners Doreen Lilienfeld (New York-Compensation, Governance & ERISA) and Lona Nallengara (New York-Capital Markets) looked at corporate governance developments, followed by a discussion on global M&A developments led by partners Guillaume Isautier (Paris-Mergers & Acquisitions) and Clare O’Brien (New York-Mergers & Acquisitions).
The rest of day included:
- Live recording of First Mondays, an up-to-the-minute podcast on the Supreme Court, with host Ian Samuel (Harvard Law School) and Leah Litman (University of California-Irvine School of Law), along with our partners Agnès Dunogué (New York-Litigation) and Ryan Shores (Washington, DC-Antitrust)
- Discussion on the work of the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession by its Chair, Stephanie Scharf, interviewed by partner Donna Parisi
- Analysis of the 2018 Equilar General Counsel, In-House Counsel Hiring and compensation study by John Gilmore of BarkerGilmore
- What is the current global and political risk landscape?, by Alex Kazan, Chief Strategy Officer, egX, Eurasia Group
- Hilary Rosen, CNN political analyst and partner at SKDKnickerbocker, shares her unique perspective on the upcoming U.S. mid-term elections
- Open discussion of recent shareholder and stakeholder diversity initiatives with Michelle Edkins, Blackrock's Managing Director and Global Head of Investment Stewardship; Paul Williams, co-lead of Allegis Partners’ North America CEO and Board Practice; and Roya Behnia, former SVP General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Pall Corporation