PLI’s Corporate & Securities Law Hong Kong 2019
Partner Matthew Bersani (Hong Kong-Capital Markets) spoke at a panel titled “What Every Securities Lawyer Needs to Know About Ethics” at Practising Law Institute’s Corporate & Securities Law seminar in Hong Kong on May 24. Matthew and the other speakers discussed the recent developments addressing the following issues:
- Which ethics rules apply to lawyers in global firms?
- Responsibility to prospective clients and “pre-deal” advice
- Managing conflicts of interest for global firms – best practices
- Communications with persons represented by counsel
- Duties of confidentiality and treatment of client information