Building a Data Business Seminar
Partners Emma Maconick (Menlo Park-Intellectual Property Transactions), Nathan Greene (New York-Investment Funds) and Barney Reynolds (London-Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory) discussed the business-planning considerations around building a data business, moderated by Of Counsel Simon Dodds (London-Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory), who was formerly Co-General Counsel at Deutsche Bank.
- Business structure, including factors around entity choice and branding
- Data sourcing and protection, including considerations around cybersecurity and customer expectations
- Regulatory factors to consider, such as regulated data and outsourcing requirements
- Data customer contracts, including how to approach reps/warranties and liabilities/disclaimers
- Intellectual property considerations, such as copyright, trade secrets and patents
- Tax considerations, including indirect tax