Shearman & Sterling hosted ShareNett’s Israel Innovation & Cybersecurity Symposium on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 in its New York office. Partner Adam Schwartz (Washington, D.C.-Litigation) moderated a panel discussion entitled “Cybersecurity – Threats & Defenses,” which provided a glimpse at how Israel is preparing for future cyber threats, its cyber defense policies and the effects of new and emerging technologies on the cyber vertical. The symposium consisted of a half-day of panel discussions and a fireside chat on topics related to the Israeli technological ecosystem and cyber risk management to an audience of family offices and high net-worth individuals.
Notable speakers included:
• Hila Ovil-Brenner – Managing Director, Techstars
• Inon Elroy – Economic Minister to North America, Ministry of Economy & Industry, Israel
• Laura Gilinski – Vice President of Philanthropic Partnerships, Startup Nation Central
• Or Haviv – Partner and Head of Global Innovation Platforms, Arieli Capital
• Evan Renov – Managing Partner, Arieli Capital
• Eynav Haim Sayag – Head of Technologies R&D - Cyber Technology Unit, Israel National Cyber Directorate
• Ory Schein – Director - National Preparedness Center, Israel National Cyber Directorate
• Granit Sharon – Director of Innovation, Israel Hotel Association
• Bill Studebaker – President & CIO, ROBO Global
• Professor Mina Teicher – Former Chief Scientist for the Israeli government
• Carmella Jacoby Volk – CEO, Startup Nation 2 Enterprise
• Andrea Yonah – Director of Business Development, U.S.-Israel Binational Industrial Research & Development Foundation
Founded by a family office, created and designed for family offices and owned by family offices, ShareNett is a members-only, global network of professional investors collaborating on curated, quality investment opportunities.