Shearman & Sterling Convened Panel on Investor Information Protection
Shearman & Sterling and SS&C Technologies convened on November 6, 2019 for an afternoon of panel discussions focusing on privacy and security demands confronting investment managers.
Panelists offered their insights on recent developments during the following panels:
- U.S. Legal and Regulatory Focus on Protecting Investor Personally Identifiable Information
- Global Data Protection Regulation: A Look Across the Pond and Implications for U.S. Managers
- Best Practices in Data Security: From Risk Management Through Incident Response
Moderators and panelists for the event included:
- Jay Baris, Partner in Shearman & Sterling’s Investment Funds practice
- Anthony Caiafa, Chief Technology Officer, SS&C Technologies
- Simon Dodds, Of Counsel in the Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory practice in Shearman & Sterling's London office
- Nathan Greene, Leads Shearman & Sterling’s Registered Funds practice
- Hamlet Yousef, Managing Partner, IronGate Capital Advisors
- Richard Kendall, Chairman, Impera Intelligence Group
- Christopher LaVigne, Partner in Shearman & Sterling’s Litigation practice
- Emma Maconick, Head of Shearman & Sterling’s Privacy and Data Protection practice
- Richard Noyes, General Counsel, ALPS Inc.
- John Schrier, Director of Business Development, SS&C GlobeOp
Tune into the below video to learn more from our partners about what was discussed.