Shearman & Sterling Receives Multiple 2016 PFI Awards
Shearman & Sterling was the winner of multiple 2016 PFI Awards, as announced by Project Finance International on December 16. The PFI Awards honor achievement and ingenuity in the global project finance market.
The firm was recognized for its work on a broad range of global projects during the past year across Latin America, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa:
- LatAm Power Deal of the Year: Firm represented Transmisora Eléctrica del Norte S.A. (TEN) in connection with financing the construction of its transmission line connecting the two major electrical grids in Chile.
- Asia-Pacific Power Deal of the Year: Firm advised the sponsors on a $4.3 billion coal-fired power project in Central Java, Indonesia.
- Asia-Pacific Infra Deal of the Year: Firm advised Light Rail Manila Corporation (LRMC) on the development and financing of the Light Rail Transit 1 Cavite Extension project in the Philippines.
- Middle East and Africa Power Deal of the Year: Firm advised the lenders on the development and financing of the Hassyan coal-fired IPP in Dubai.
- Middle East and Africa PPP Deal of the Year: Firm advised the lenders on the $3 billion Facility D IWPP in Qatar.
- Middle East and Africa LNG Deal of the Year: Firm advised K-sure and the commercial lenders in relation to the development and financing of the Bahrain LNG terminal.
The awards will be presented at the 2016 PFI Awards Dinner on February 1, 2017 in London. Considered one of the most prestigious events in the global project finance calendar, the ceremony will include 900 of the world’s most senior and successful market professionals gathered to celebrate industry excellence.