Who’s Who Legal: France 2019
Partners Emmanuel Gaillard, Yas Banifatemi, Coralie Darrigade, Mohamed Shelbaya, Jennifer Younan (all Paris-International Arbitration) and Niels Dejean (Paris-Tax) are listed in the 2019 edition of Who’s Who Legal: France. The publication, which is based upon an independent survey of general counsel and private practitioners worldwide, profiles the leading practitioners in the French legal market.
The five partners quoted in this publication are described as follows:
- “Emmanuel Gaillard is celebrated as a pre-eminent arbitration practitioner whom peers designate ‘one of the leaders of the field’. He possesses considerable experience in high-value international commercial and investment treaty arbitrations across the oil and petrochemical sectors.”
- “Yas Banifatemi draws acclaim as ‘among the biggest stars of the French market’. She specialises in advising and representing states and companies in matters relating to investment protection, and oil and gas.”
- “Coralie Darrigade elicits praise as ‘a great name’ in the market. Her practice is geared towards representing public and private sector clients in investor-state and commercial arbitrations.”
- “Mohamed Shelbaya is ‘a very impressive lawyer’ and ‘one of the rising stars in the field’, say sources. He has represented states and state-owned entities in disputes within the energy sector.”
- “Jennifer Younan is ‘an excellent practitioner’ with experience under most major arbitration institutional rules. She focuses her practice on investment treaty and commercial disputes in the energy, banking and construction sectors.”