Shearman & Sterling Wins Eight PFI Awards Including Law Firm Of The Year 2019
Shearman & Sterling has been awarded eight accolades including the highest honor for a law firm, “Law Firm of The Year,” for this year’s Project Finance International (PFI) awards. In addition to the firm-wide honor, we received deal of the year awards in the following seven categories:
- Petrochemical Deal of the Year Asia Pacific: RAPID – will be the largest downstream petrochemical project in Asia on completion
- Bond Deal of the Year Asia Pacific: Mong Duong – the first project bond issued and the first IPP refinancing in Vietnam
- Rail Deal of the Year Europe: Beacon Rail – it involved the establishment of an innovative infrastructure debt platform which is reflective of the market's increasing appreciation of core rolling stock as an infrastructure asset class
- Petrochemical Deal of the Year Middle East and Africa: Bapco – the largest ever project to be constructed and financed in Bahrain and one of significant national importance
- African LNG deal of the year Middle East and Africa: Gimi FLNG – an innovative floating liquefaction project facilitating the development of offshore gas reserves in Mauritania and Senegal
- Renewables Deal of the Year Americas: Condor – non-recourse financing for the largest renewables portfolio in Latin America to date
- Multilateral Deal of the Year: Guinea Alumina Corporation – the largest project in West Africa since the 1970s and a major milestone in financing for mining projects in developing countries.
Gregory Tan, global head of the firm's Project Development & Finance practice, commented, “2019 was another busy year for the group, as we continue to advise clients on a number of very exciting first in kind and first in country projects, financings and energy M&A matters. It is an honor to be recognized as the Law Firm of The Year for our innovative client work during this period and also to receive seven other accolades that recognize our legal expertise with market-leading transactions across multiple industry sectors around the world – a wonderful tribute to our integrated global practice.”
The Shearman & Sterling team below was supported by Anna Duncan and Richard Cardy (both London-Project Development & Finance).