George Adams is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice. He has experience representing individuals, corporations, technology and entertainment companies, and various financial institutions in securities class actions, shareholder actions, internal investigations, antitrust and other regulatory matters, and complex commercial litigation.
In addition to his extensive civil litigation experience, Mr. Adams has also represented numerous clients in pro bono matters, including in prisoner-rights litigation and criminal defense matters in federal court.
Mr. Adams was a law clerk to Judge John F. Keenan of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Recent Litigation Experience Includes:
- Representing global banks including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley in securities class actions brought on behalf of investors in companies such as Alibaba Group and Ooma Inc.
- Representing technology companies in connection with contract and trade secret disputes.
- Representing global bank in connection with the collapse of the Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange.
- Representing entertainment company in Antitrust Division regulatory review of telecom merger.
- Representing private equity companies in connection with claims arising out of acquisitions.
- Representing global bank in civil action arising out of credit facility offering.
- Representing global bank in several mortgage-backed securities cases.
- Representing more than thirty-thousand individuals in prisoner-rights class action.
Fordham University School of Law
J.D., cum laude
- Managing Editor, Fordham Law Review
- Associate Editor, Fordham Moot Court
- Hon. John F. Keenan, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- “Mass Torts,” Chapter 110, Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts (4th Edition, 2016) (contributor, with author Hon. John F. Keenan)
- “2nd Circ.'s Application Of Janus Is Noteworthy,” Law360 (April 2016) (co-author, with Matthew L. Craner and John Gueli)
- "Plain Reading, Subtle Meaning: Rethinking the IOIA and the Immunity of International Organizations," 81 Fordham L. Rev. 241 (2012)