Dr. Sultan Almasoud is Head of the Riyadh office and a partner in our Mergers & Acquisitions practice in Saudi Arabia, which we operate in association with The Law Firm of Dr. Sultan Almasoud.
He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, IPOs, joint ventures, capital market transactions, private placements and all aspects of corporate and commercial legal matters.
Dr. Almasoud represents corporate and private equity clients including Swicorp, NBK Capital, Jabal Omar Development Company and Takween Advanced Industries.
- The Royal Commission for Al-Ula on the establishment of a new special zone at Al-Ula. The new zone will focus on heritage and culture, as well as eco-tourism and adventure activities
- Public Investment Fund on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in a joint venture company between Saudi Aramco and Jacobs Engineering
- Goldman Sachs Saudi Arabia, acting as the financial advisor to The Saudi British Bank, on the merger with Alawwal Bank
- Japan Saudi Methanol Company (JSMC) on its sale of a 25% interest in Saudi Methanol Company (Ar-Razi) to SABIC
- Representing a private equity client on a stake in a publicly listed company in Saudi Arabia
- Dussur on its defence joint venture with SAMI and FGEAC
- A consortium of Suez, Itochu and Five Capital on their acquisition of a 65% interest in Environmental Development Company, a waste management company in Jubail
- NMC Healthcare LLC on its proposed acquisition of a stake in a Saudi listed company
- Al Ahlia For Cooperative Insurance Company on their merger with Gulf Union Cooperative Insurance Company
- Jabal Omar Development Company on its joint venture with leading Saudi property management companies, in relation to the management of shopping malls and other retail properties owned by Jabal Omar in the Holy City of Mecca
- Jabal Omar Development on its joint venture with Eaglewing, a leading Middle Eastern hotel management company
- AlBaha Investment and Development Company, a Saudi-based investment company listed on the Main Market of the Saudi Stock Exchange, on its capital reduction
- Underwriters on a $814 million bond offering by ACWA Power Management and Investments One Limited
- AlBaha Investment and Development Company on its acquisition of Elegant Centers Company
- The First Investor (investment arm of Barwa Bank) on its acquisition and leaseback of Radium and Qurtubah Residential Compounds in Riyadh
- GE on restructuring of its Saudi operations as part of the combination between GE and Baker Hughes.
- Takween Advanced Industries on its rights issue on the Saudi Stock Exchange
- Raydan Cuisines & Restaurants Company, a Jeddah-based Arabic cuisine restaurant chain, on its initial public offering on the newly launched Parallel Market of the Saudi Stock Exchange
- MetLife - AIG - ANB Cooperative Insurance Company on its rights issue on the Saudi Stock Exchange
- Salama Cooperative Insurance Company on its rights issue on the Saudi Stock Exchange
- Saudi Indian Cooperative Insurance Company (Wafa Insurance) on its rights issue on the Saudi Stock Exchange
- Buruj Cooperative Insurance Company on its rights issue on the Saudi Stock Exchange
- Al Habib Group and Jarir Investment Company on their sale of a minority stake in Asala Holding Company, a leading Saudi real estate company
- NBK Capital on its exit from a Jeddah-based Hanco, a leading fleet leasing and rental company in Saudi Arabia (awarded “The Deal of the Year” by The Banker in May 2012)
University of Hull
Case Western Reserve University
King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Highly regarded for Saudi Arabia Capital Markets and M&A by IFLR1000 2021