Clifford Atkins is Of Counsel in the European Finance practice.
He focuses on structured finance including both bank debt and capital markets, restructuring and debt trading.
- The Frigoglass group on completing the restructuring of its existing indebtedness, which included €250 million 8.25 percent senior notes due 2018 issued by Frigoglass Finance and over €80 million of existing bank debt across eight facilities agreements.
- Piraeus Bank S.A. in connection with its €4.933 billion recapitalisation, including in connection with an exchange offer and consent solicitation for certain outstanding senior and subordinated securities.
- STMicroelectronics N.V. on the issue of $1,000 million dual tranche senior unsecured convertible bonds, being the $600 million zero coupon convertible bonds due 2019 and the $400 million one per cent. convertible bonds due 2021.
- Nokia Corporation in relation to the refinancing of its undrawn €1.5 billion revolving credit facility.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market on its establishment as an international financial centre in the United Arab Emirates.
- A syndicate of lenders in connection with the €280 million senior facilities and the €85 million second lien facility provided to PrimaCom Holding GmbH primarily to refinance certain of its existing indebtedness. The facilities are guaranteed and secured by the material subsidiaries of PrimaCom.
- Credit Suisse, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays, BNP Paribas, CM-CIC Securities, DNB Markets, Jefferies, KBC Bank, Lloyds Bank, Nordea and Société Générale as initial purchasers on Thomas Cook’s €400 million high yield bond offering.
Awards & Accolades
Clifford Atkins is ranked as a leading lawyer in Chambers Global, 2017, which cites him as ‘"Productive and efficient" with an "incredible reputation,". He is highly sought after by banks and hedge funds for his strength on debt trading and restructuring.’