David Avila is an associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
His practice includes work on behalf of sponsors and lenders, including developers, equity investors, and investment banks and other financial institutions, in connection with various project finance, private equity, subordinated and mezzanine debt, private placement offerings, and other corporate transactions in the natural gas, renewable energy and infrastructure sectors in the U.S., South America and Africa.
- Group of purchasers of private placement secured notes in connection with the refinancing of the construction of the Longitudinal de la Sierra Norte Tramo 2 Toll Road Project in Peru, wherein the notes are secured by the securitized payment rights due from the Government of Peru to the concessionaire for the project, including negotiation of a purchase agreement for the underlying true sale transaction.The transaction is the first securitization of PAMPI (pago anual por mantenimiento periódico inicial) rights in Peru
- Syndicate of banks in connection with a $250 million financing for the acquisition of three natural gas-fired electrical generating facilities, with a combined generating capacity of approximately 523 MW, located in California
- U.S. sponsor in the development, financing and equity raise for a 700 MW gas-fired power project in Indiana. The debt package is comprised of $395 million in term debt, $72 million in letters of credit and $15 million in revolving credit facilities*
- U.S. lender in a $72 million secured loan facility to a group of 17 telecommunications borrowers located in five African and Asian countries*
- Two affiliated natural gas pipeline companies in the aggregate offerings of $250 million of senior high yield and $230 million of senior investment grade notes, and in related cash tender offers and consent solicitations with respect to their then-existing notes*
- Multinational company in its purchase and investment in a 50 MW wind farm in Uruguay, from a French independent renewable energy power producer, as well as in in the negotiation and closing of the project’s non-recourse project financing, including a $72 million construction and term-loan facility from a German lender, and a shared facilities arrangement with the related wind project*
- Represented a U.S. sponsor in the development, debt financing, hedge financing and equity raise for an 869 MW natural gas-fired electric power plant being built in the City of Oregon, Ohio. Awarded the “North American Single-Asset Power Deal” of the Year by IJGlobal 2014*
- U.S. investment firm in a US$56 million construction loan facility to a U.S. solar power plant developer*
*Denotes prior firm experience.
American University, Washington College of Law
J.D., cum laude
- Member, American University International Law Review