Marco Barbi, an associate in the Corporate Group, practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, corporate governance and capital markets.
He was active part in the teams advising Italian and international corporations and financial institutions in connection with some of the most innovative corporate transactions which took place in Italy over the last few years.
Mr. Barbi joined Shearman & Sterling in 2008, after his graduation from the Bocconi University of Milan. He is admitted to practice in Italy.
- Anima Holding S.p.A. in its €300 million rights offering in 2018
- UBI Banca S.p.A. on the international aspects of its €400 million rights offering in 2017
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation in the acquisition of CPC S.r.l.
- Veneto Banca S.p.A. on the international aspects of its €1.0 billion capital increase in 2016
- The initial purchasers in an offer by Snai S.p.A. of €110,000,000 7.625% Senior Secured Notes due 2018
- Banca Carige S.p.A. on the international aspects of its €850 million rights offering in 2015 and its €800 million rights offering in 2014
- General Electric in its acquisition of the aviation business of Avio S.p.A., an Italy-based manufacturer of aviation propulsion components and systems for civil and military aircraft, for $4.3 billion
- Allianz Group in connection with the reorganization of its Italian activities
- Fondiaria-SAI S.p.A. in its €1.1 billion rights offering
- Digitouch S.p.A. in its listing on the AIM Italia
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Mediobanca and UniCredit Bank AG as Joint Global Coordinators of a syndicate of 27 banks in connection with the €7.5 billion rights offering of UniCredit S.p.A.
- Tecnocap in its acquisition of Metal Lock division of Ardagh Impress
- Symphony Technology Group (STG) in its acquisition of Jobrapido from the Daily Mail Group’s digital business
- Banca Popolare di Milano S.c. a r.l. on the international aspects of its €800 million rights offering in 2011
- MolMed S.p.A. in its 2010 rights offering
- Barclays, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, DNB Markets, Jefferies, Lloyds Bank, Société Générale and RBS as initial purchasers in the €525 million high yield bond offering of Thomas Cook
- International Chemical Investors Group (ICIG) in the acquisition of the pharmaceutical ingredients activities of Tessenderlo Group, including Farchemia S.r.l. (in Italy) and Calaire Chimie (in France)
- Tishman Speyer in its divestment from Italian real estate fund Fondo Due
- Dassault Systémes in connection with its acquisition of IBM’S sales and client support business relating to Dassault’s product lifecycle management software
- Lazard Fréres Banque as financial advisor to the Republic of Ecuador in the Italian Consob registered cash tender offer to restructure its financial indebtedness
- Pirelli & C. Real Estate in its €400 million capital increase
- Mediobanca, Morgan Stanley and UBS as Joint Global Coodinators and guarantor banks in the €3.5 billion rights offering of Snam Rete Gas S.p.A.