François Bordes is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Matters on which François Bordes has worked include the representation of and/or advice to:
- The majority shareholders in the former Yukos Oil Company in proceedings initiated in multiple jurisdictions to seek the recognition and enforcement of the $50 billion award rendered in the arbitrations brought by the shareholders against the Russian Federation concerning the expropriation of their investments in Yukos.
- The Ministry of Justice of Ukraine in relation to the recognition and enforcement of an antitrust fine issued against Gazprom outside of Ukraine.
- An Asian company in the environmental technology and services in proceedings before the Paris Court of Appeal initiated by a Middle Eastern State to seek the partial annulment of an ICC Award rendered in a construction arbitration.
- A French company regarding a tort case before the Taiwanese courts and recognition and enforcement proceedings in France of a judgment rendered by the Taiwan Taipei District Court.
- An agency of an Eastern European State as applicant in proceedings to request the setting aside arbitral awards rendered in a construction dispute.
- Port operator Togo Terminal as Claimant in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Republic of Togo (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/16). The dispute relates to a concession agreement.
Université Paris-Est Créteil (Paris XII)
Postgraduate Degree in International Litigation
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
Master 2 in International Economic Law
Master in International Law