Zoya Bozhko is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Zoya's experience includes both investment treaty arbitrations under ICSID Rules and commercial arbitrations, with a focus on construction disputes. Her construction arbitration experience covers disputes arising from large-scale construction projects, conducted pursuant to the ICC and ICDR Rules, and related to the construction of civil infrastructure (roads and airports), nuclear power plants and chemical plants.
International arbitrations on which Zoya Bozhko has worked include the representation of:
- An international contractor consortium in an ICC arbitration against a Middle Eastern State. The dispute arises from a contract for the construction of a major infrastructure project in the Middle East. The law of the Respondent State applies. Close to $1 billion is at stake.
- An international joint venture as Respondent and Counterclaimant and in an ICDR arbitration in New York initiated by a North Asian company. The dispute arose from an agreement for the construction of a chemical plant in North America. Issues included delay and defective works. New York law applied.
- A French-German consortium in an ICC arbitration in Stockholm against a Finnish utility company. The dispute arises from an agreement for the construction of a nuclear power plant in Finland. Finnish law governs. Over €6.1 billion is at stake.
- The Republic of Mozambique as Respondent in a dispute before a Dispute Adjudication Board involving the alleged breach of a FIDIC contract governing the construction of road and water projects. The law of Mozambique applied.
- The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Vestey Group Ltd. (ICSID Case No. ARB/06/4). The dispute was in relation to a farming enterprise. The claims were brought under the UK-Venezuela bilateral investment treaty.
George Washington University Law School
University of Pennsylvania
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S.-Russia Business Council
- Eurasia Foundation, Social Expertise Exchange Steering Committee
- Before transferring to our Abu Dhabi office, Zoya practised in our international aribitration team in Washington, DC.