Ryan Bray is a partner in the Tax practice.
His tax practice involves tax planning for domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions and advising clients with respect to all corporate tax matters. He has significant experience advising clients with respect to tax issues applicable to corporations filing consolidated income tax returns and tax issues arising in connection with debt restructurings and bankruptcy.
Ryan represents private equity and corporate clients including Symphony Technology Group, Huntington Bancshares, and salesforce.com.
- CVS on its $69 billion acquisition of Aetna
- Unibail-Rodamco on its $25 billion acquisition of Westfield Corporation
- Banco Bradesco S.A. on its $500 million acquisition of BAC Florida Bank
- Bluespring Wealth Partners, LLC, a subsidiary of Kestra Financial, Inc., in connection with its the acquisition of the business of U.S. Financial Services, L.L.C.
- Prairie Farms in connection with its acquisition of certain assets of Dean Foods under a bankruptcy court approved sale procedure
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with its $6.1 billion acquisition of Pattern Energy Group Inc.
- Shiseido Company Limited (Shiseido), a leading global cosmetics company, in various transactions, including the approximately $485 million sale of its wholly-owned subsidiary Zotos International Inc., a global haircare company, and certain related assets to the German headquartered Henkel Corporation (Henkel)
- LyondellBasell Industries NV in its acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with the sale of Air Distribution Technologies, Inc. to Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Zillow in connection with its acquisition of Trulia
- Salesforce in its acquisition of Demandware
- McGraw Hill Financial in connection with its definitive agreement to sell J.D. Power to XIO Group for $1.1 billion in cash
- EQT Mid Market US GP B.V. on its acquisition of Innovyze, Inc.
- ARX Holding Corp., the parent company of American Strategic Insurance Corp., on the sale of a controlling position to The Progressive Corporation.
- Qatar Investment Authority in connection with its offer for Canary Wharf Group plc.
- CX Partners and Capital Square Partners on the sale of Minacs to Concentrix Global Holdings Inc.
- Francisco Partners in various transactions
- Vector Capital in numerous transactions
- Symphony Technology Group in various transactions
- Fallbrook Technologies Inc. and certain of its affiliates in their voluntary chapter 11 cases commenced in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- City Office REIT in its IPO on the NYSE and subsequent offerings
- China Rapid Finance Limited in its IPO on the NYSE
- Bain Capital in its acquisition of VXI Global Solutions
- Trend Micro International in its acquisition of Hewlett-Packard Company's TippingPoint business
New York University School of Law
Pepperdine University, School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
- Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship & the Law
University of California, Los Angeles
B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude