Sam Brodie is a partner in our Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice based in London.
Sam has both a deep restructuring skill set and broad finance expertise. He advises clients on complex financial restructurings and workouts of distressed bonds, securitisations, private placement notes and loans across a range of sectors and jurisdictions. He acts for bondholders, lenders, private placement noteholders, ad hoc committees, sponsors, issuers as well as other stakeholders across the capital structure. He also advises credit and alternative investment funds on special-situation financings.
- The ad hoc committee of bondholders in relation to the restructuring of securitised bonds issued by intu Metrocentre Finance plc.*
- A key stakeholder in relation to the restructuring of bonds issued by Ferroglobe plc.*
- Fairhold Securitisation Limited on the restructuring of its distressed securitisation structure.*
- The liquidators of Lehman Brothers Treasury Co. B.V. in connection with the partial wind-down of its debt issuance programmes.*
- A group of junior creditors on the restructuring and subsequent disposal of the General Healthcare Group.*
- Advising the largest secured lender in connection with the restructuring of Dolphin Drilling ASA.*
- Senior secured noteholders in connection with the restructuring of Norske Skog AS, a global paper production group.*
- The ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of Frigoglass, a Greek-listed glass and refrigeration business.*
- The private placement noteholders on the restructuring of Interserve plc, a global construction and support services business.*
- A creditor in connection with its investment in subordinated bonds issued by Irish Bank Resolution Corporation.*
- Bondholders, private placement noteholders and other creditors in connection with various oil and gas restructurings, including Afren plc, Premier Oil plc and First Oil plc.*
- Hedge funds and other alternative investment funds on a number of direct lending and financing transactions, including certain UK and international oil and gas financings.*
- AstroBank on the establishment of Trusset Asset Management, a servicing platform for non-performing loans, and the sale of 74.9 percent of Trusset Asset Management to Qualco Group.*
- Noteholders in a number of UK and cross-border private placements and whole business securitisation transactions, including North West Electricity, Elenia Oy, Thames Water, Yorkshire Water, Peel Ports and Cadent Gas.*
- Investors and arrangers on a range of securitisations and structured finance transactions.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
BPP Law School
University of Oxford
- Sam is recognised as a key lawyer in this year’s Legal 500 2022 for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency.
- On 5 October 2021, Partner Sam Brodie, hosted a “Restructuring, Turnarounds & Special Situations” panel session at the NPL Management Summit which took place in Athens, Greece. The seminar provided an update on critical topics and discussions in the Greek NPL sector, and directions the market will be taking in 2022.