Melisa Brower is an associate in the Compensation, Governance and ERISA practice.
She focuses on a wide variety of compensation-related matters in capital markets and M&A transactions, with emphasis on disclosure and issues arising in securities offerings. She has advised domestic and non-U.S. issuers on regulatory requirements relating to compensation and benefits matters and assists clients with proxy disclosure, Section 16 compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. on its anticipated acquisition by Waste Management for approximately $4.9 billion
- KMG Chemicals on its acquisition by Cabot Microelectronics Corporation for approximately $1.6 billion in a cash and stock merger transaction
- Stone Point Capital LLC in its acquisition of TechEssential Holdings, Inc. and AMC Holdings, Inc. Altice USA, Inc. in its separation and spin-off from Altice N.V.
- Altice USA, Inc. in connection with the initial public offering of its Class A common stock, and BofA Merrill Lynch, as underwriters, in Homology Medicines Inc.’s, Axonics Modulation Technologies Inc. and Y-mAbs Therapeutics, Inc.’s respective initial public offerings of common stock
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion transaction with DuPont involving combination of the two companies and separating them into three publicly trading entities and the resulting $50 billion spin-off of Dow Inc.; the divestiture of its ethylene acrylic acid business to SK; the sale of its European extruded polystyrene foam (XPS) business to Ravago SA. and the sale of its Rheinmünster, Germany site and S/A latex facility located at the site to Trinseo S.A.
- Coca-Cola European Partners and Sasol Limited in its registration of securities for issuance to employees
- Compensation committees of Fannie Mae and Wells Fargo in relation to corporate governance matters
- Advanced Disposal Services, Inc., Altice USA, Inc. and Boston Scientific Corporation in relation to executive compensation, disclosure and governance advice
American University Washington College of Law