Rodney Cannon is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He focuses on complex mergers and acquisitions and joint venture transactions as well as various funds and private equity investments, with a particular emphasis on sovereign wealth funds.
Rodney represents corporate and private equity clients including various regional sovereign wealth funds.
Rodney previously served as Group General Counsel at Mubadala Investment Company and was a member of the Mubadala Capital Investment Committee.
- Kuwait Food Company K.S.C.P. (Americana Group) on the acquisition of a Dubai based food processing company
- Mubadala on the $2 billion minority preferred equity investment in the EBX Group, comprising the private and public holdings of Eike Batista. The EBX group based in Brazil had activities across a range of sectors including oil and gas, mining, logistics and ship-building*
- Mubadala on its restructuring of the investment in the EBX Group over a series of transactions from 2013- 2016*
- Mubadala on its acquisition of a 65% stake in the iron ore port operations of MMX Mineracao e Metalicos, a Brazilian listed company, in partnership with Trafigura*
- Mubadala on its acquisition of AUX, a Columbian Gold Mining Company*
- Mubadala on the establishment of Mubadala GE Capital, a $8 billion commercial finance joint venture with General Electric headquartered in Abu Dhabi*
- Mubadala on its merger with International Petroleum Investment Company*
*experience as In-House Counsel at Mubadala
Instituto de Empresa, Madrid
University of Tasmania
Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws
- England und Wales
- Victoria, Australia
- New South Wales, Australia