Kenneth is counsel in the Finance practice.
He has extensive experience advising banks, credit funds, sponsors and borrowers on a wide variety of cross-border leveraged financings, take privates, structured financings, real estate financings and non-contentious restructurings in the Asian and European markets.
Asian acquisitions and structured financings
- ANZ, Fubon Bank and CTBC Bank in respect of a dividend recapitalization for a Philippines business outsourcing group controlled by CVC Asia.
- ICBC Asia and ICBC Macau in respect of facilities to support the acquisition of an additional 13.42% stake in Melco Crown Entertainment by Melco International Development.
- InfraRed NF in respect of offshore facilities to a PRC property development group.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in respect of facilities to support their acquisition and redevelopment of a serviced apartment block in Hong Kong.
- Arranging banks in respect of upsizing of offshore facilities and inclusion of onshore facilities for a portfolio of PRC warehouses owned by Prologis.
US and Canadian acquisitions
- Cobham PLC in respect of a bridge term facility to support the take private of Aeroflex.
- Imperial Tobacco PLC in respect of facilities to support the acquisition of certain brands and assets from Reynolds.
- BAML and JPMorgan in respect of facilities to support Steinhoff’s take private of Mattress Firm.
- Citi in respect of facilities to support Exor SpA's take private of PartnerRe.
- Standard Chartered Bank in respect of facilities to support First Quantum Mineral's take private of Inmet Mining PLC.
- Partners Group in respect of a refinancing of acquisition facilities for Cote Restaurants in the United Kingdom by way of unitranche and super senior revolving facilities.
- Arranging banks in respect of EQT's bolt-on acquisition of CAIW, a Dutch cable and fiber network operator.
- Royal Bank of Canada and Natixis in respect of facilities to support Silver Lake's take private offer for Cegid, a French technology company.
- Lloyds, GE Capital and HSBC in respect of facilities to support the acquisition of Cote Restaurants by BC Partners.
- Royal Bank of Canada and UBS in respect of facilities to support the acquisition of Dummen Orange by BC Partners, and JPMorgan and BNPP as arrangers to the refinancing by way of cov-lite facilities and subsequent incremental facilities.
- JPMorgan as arranger of the refinancing of acquisition facilities for Mergermarket by way of first and second lien term facilities.
- CEXIM in respect of facilities to support the completion of the Baha Mar Resort in the Bahamas.
- The Coordinating Committee on the syndicated trade finance and borrowing base facilities and term facilities in respect of the restructuring of Stemcor Holdings Limited (by way of a scheme of arrangement).
City University of Hong Kong
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws
The College of Law, Sydney
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
University of New South Wales
Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- New South Wales
- Committee Member, Hong Kong - Leveraged & Acquisition Finance Committee (APLMA - Asia Pacific Loan Market Association)