Jade Chu is a senior associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice in our Dubai office.
He has significant experience advising corporates, sponsors and financial institutions on a wide range of corporate transactions (including cross-border public and private M&A, JVs and equity capital markets) and general corporate advisory matters.
- ADNOC on its joint venture with ADQ to create a new investment platform to fund and oversee the development of chemicals industrial projects within the planned Ruwais Derivatives Park
- ADNOC on a strategic investment in global storage terminal owner and operator VTTI
- ADNOC on the disposal of an interest in ADNOC Refining to Eni and OMV where the company was valued at c. $19 billion
- Mubadala Investment Company on its investment, through its subsidiary MDC Industry Holding Company LLC, in Andromeda Seafood Limited, a subsidiary of AMERRA Capital Management's Perseus Seafood LLC
- Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia on the c. $3 billion public takeover of Kuwait Food Company (Americana), a Kuwait Stock Exchange listed company
- Abu Dhabi Financial Group on the AED356 million acquisition of a 48% stake in SHUAA Capital PSC, a financial services provider listed on the Dubai Financial Market
- Investment Corporation of Dubai on the acquisition of a 90% stake in Al Jaber LEGT Engineering & Contracting LLC, a multi-disciplinary construction company with operations in the UAE, Qatar and Oman
- Majid Al Futtaim on the acquisition of Retail Arabia B.S.C., the master franchisee of the Geant hypermarket brand in the GCC, from BMA International E.C.
- Friends Life Group Limited as the target of the £5.6 billion public takeover by Aviva plc, which was, at the time, the largest M&A transaction in the UK insurance sector for several years
- Intu Properties plc as the target on the aborted £3.4 billion public takeover by Hammerson plc
- Novartis AG on the $275 million disposal of its flu vaccines business to CSL Limited
- Friends Life Group Limited on the disposal of Lombard, its pan-European specialist in estate and succession planning solutions, to funds managed by Blackstone
- ASM Pacific Technology Ltd on the $200 million acquisition of DEK, the screen printing business of Dover Corporation, Inc.
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc as sponsor on Aberdeen Asset Management PLC’s £660 million class 1 acquisition of Scottish Widows Investment Partnership Group Limited
- Lone Star as the bidder on its £745 million public takeover of Quintain Estates & Development plc
- Paddy Power plc as the bidder on its c. €10 billion public takeover of Betfair Group plc
- Gala Coral Group Limited on its £2.3 billion merger with Ladbrokes Group plc
- Alcentra Limited on the £150 million IPO of an Alcentra investment fund on the London Stock Exchange
- The underwriting syndicate on the IPOs of Royal Mail Group plc, Saga plc, Brit plc and Direct Line Insurance Group plc on the London Stock Exchange
- The underwriting syndicate on the £938 million rights issue of the London Stock Exchange Group plc and the £1bn rights issue of DS Smith plc on the London Stock Exchange
- Alcentra Limited on the establishment of placing programmes for an Alcentra investment fund on the London Stock Exchange
- Qatar Investment Authority on the AED1.68 billion rights issue of Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC on the Dubai Financial Market
- Waha Capital PJSC on the £7.6 million placing and introduction of SDX Energy Inc. to listing on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange
SOAS University of London