Giovanni focuses on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate law and capital markets. He first joined Shearman in 2005 and rejoined in 2010, after earning his LL.M. from the Law School of the University of Chicago. From September 2010 until September 2011 he worked in the firm’s New York office where he further strengthened his experience in US capital markets and M&A transactions.
- Coesia Group in its acquisition of COMAS S.p.A.
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Pasubio Group
- Dover Corporation in its acquisitions: (i) of JK Group S.p.A. and (ii) Ravaglioli S.p.A..
- TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition from Tristan of all units in an Italian real estate fund holding a portfolio of Telecom real estate assets
- Allianz Real Estate in the acquisition of two buildings in Milan from the Kensington Fund managed by Kryalos SGR.
- Allianz S.p.A. in connection with its acquisition of a portion of the non-life insurance business of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of Rcs Mediagroup S.P.A.’s historical buildings in Milan and headquarters of the Corriere della Sera newspaper.
- Blackstone in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio from Immoselect Fund, Axa Immoselect Fund managed by Axa Investment Manages Deutscheland (GMBH)
- Astaldi on its offer of €500,000,000 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020, and on its additional offer of €100,000,000 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020.
- The initial purchasers in an offer by Snai S.p.A. of €320,000,000 7.625% Senior Secured Notes due 2018 and €160,000,000 12.000% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2018.
- Qatar Holding LLC in its investment agreements for the Porta Nuova real estate projects in Milan, Italy, one of the most prestigious city center mixed-use developments in Europe, with a market value in excess of €2 billion.
- Coesia Group in the acquisition of Oystar North America, Inc. from Oystar International GmbH (a company controlled by German private equity fund, Odewald & Compagnie).
- Fondiaria SAI as US counsel to in connection with its €1 billion rights issue.
- Enel S.p.A., Italy’s leading electricity generation and distribution company, in connection with the sale of Enel’s residual stake in Terna S.p.A., the operator of the Italian national electricity transmission grid, in a in a €281 million placement to international institutional investors.
- Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana (Grupo Sura) in its acquisition of ING’s Latin American pensions, life insurance and investment management operations in a transaction valued at approximately $3.8 billion.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Barclays Capital Inc. as joint bookrunning managers and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, RBC Capital Markets Corporation, Piper Jaffray & Co., Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., Jefferies & Company, Inc., Evercore Group L.L.C., Guggenheim Securities, LLC and ABN AMRO Bank N.V. as co-managers in connection with InterXion Holding N.V.’s $265 million initial public offering of ordinary shares.
- Initial purchasers in connection with an offering of $550 million aggregate principal amount of 7.125% Senior Notes due 2018 of Frac Tech Services, LLC.
- The International Chemical Investors Group in connection with the acquisition of (i) Miteni S.p.A. from Mitsubishi and (ii) the Italian activities of the AstraZeneca Group.
- Polynt S.p.A., an Italian chemical company, in connection with the acquisition of Chemial S.p.A.
- Gabetti Property Solutions in its reverse merger with La Gaiana. The first reverse merger between two listed companies in Italy.
- Allianz AG in its voluntary public tender offer on all of the outstanding shares of RAS and the subsequent merger of RAS into Allianz SE to form the first listed European Company on the DAXX 50.
- UniCredito Italiano S.p.A. in connection with its US Medium Term Note, Extendible Floating Rate Note and Commercial Paper programs.
- Several Italian companies, subsidiaries of French-incorporate companies, in the implementation in Italy of employees share offering plans arranged by the parent French companies.
Università degli Studi di Catania
Laurea in Giurisprudenza (J.D. equivalent)
University of Chicago