Patrick Clarke is an associate in the European Finance practice.
Patrick has experience advising banks, private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and publically listed companies on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions in relation to acquisition finance transactions as well as refinancing and restructuring projects.
- ADNOC Global Trading (AGT) in connection with its $1.2 billion credit facility with a club of seven major banks: Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Deutsche Bank, Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, SMBC and UniCredit Bank.
- The initial purchasers and the mandated lead arrangers in connection with Constellation Automotive's senior credit facilities, second lien facility and inaugural bond financing.
- The sole global coordinator and bookrunner in connection with David Lloyd's inaugural bond financing including a €300 million offering of floating rate senior secured notes and £645 million 5.50% senior secured notes due 2027 by Deuce FinCo plc, the Company's new revolving facility agreement and intercreditor agreement, and advised the investors in connection with a £250 million pay-in-kind term loan to Deuce Holdco Limited.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with SYNLAB's pre-IPO crossover financing consisting of €1.2 billion multicurrency term and revolving facilities.
- Frostkrone Food Group, a portfolio company of EMERAM Capital Partners on the financing of the acquisition of Abergavenny Foods Ltd, a U.K. based food service company.
- The banks in connection with the senior financing in support of the £2.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Aggreko plc by TDR Capital and I Squared Capital.
- The lead arrangers in connection with the raising of new financing by INEOS Finance plc and INEOS US Finance LLC comprising of a €375,000,000 incremental senior secured facility to its their existing cross-border multicurrency credit agreement and the issuance of €325,000,000 senior secured notes due 2026.
- CWT in connection with its debt restructuring, comprising (i) an exchange offer, (ii) a consent solicitation, (iii) an issuance of rights offering units consisting of $125 million senior secured priming notes and shares of common equity of a newly-created holding company, (iv) an equity contribution by the Company’s principal shareholder and (v) an amendment and restatement of the Company’s revolving credit facility.
- The lead arrangers in connection with SYNLAB's exchange offer of its Floating Rate Notes due 2022 into a new tranche of its Term Loan B due 2024 and in relation to the extension of SYNLAB's existing Term Loan B due July 2022.
- The lenders in connection with the financing of the IBA Molecular's (a portfolio of CapVest) carve-out acquisition from Mallinckrodt Plc of its global nuclear imaging radiopharmaceuticals division.*
- The unitranche lender in connection with the financing of KPS Capital Partners' acquisition of Winoa.*
- The unitranche lender in connection with the Exponent Private Equity's acquisition of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.*
- The arrangers including Credit Suisse in connection with Shop Direct's £700 million senior secured notes and revolving credit facilities.*
- Avon Products, Inc., in connection with a $400m senior secured revolving credit facility.*
- Castik Capital in connection with the financing by Ardian of Castik's acquisition of Wolters Klouwer's transport services division (now rebranded as Alpega) and related bolt-on acquisitions.*
- Amigo Loans Ltd in connection with a £57 million super senior revolving facility which sits alongside an issuance of £275 million senior secured notes by Amigo Luxembourg S.A.*
- Cabot Financial Limited in connection with the group's £385 million revolving credit facility.*
- The revolving credit facility lender in connection with the unitranche financing for Bain Capital's acquisition of an Italian tyre wholesaler.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
University of Edinburgh
LLB, Diploma in Legal Practice
University of Leicester
Awards & Accolades
- Shearman & Sterling was recognised in the 'High-Yield Deal of the Year' category at the IFLR Europe Awards 2021, for its role in the SYNLAB refinancing and debt extension