Thomas Coles is a senior associate in our Project Development & Finance practice.
Across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Thomas advises governments, sponsors, lenders and contractors on structuring, development and financing agreements and regulatory issues for power, infrastructure and oil and gas projects.
Thomas specialises in particular in renewables, having undertaken a Master’s degree on the subject, and recently advised on a series of major first in country renewables projects in emerging markets.
- The western financial investors on the financing and gas transportation arrangements for Nord Stream II
- A State Authority in the MENA region on the financing of a multibillion nuclear new build project and negotiating the EPC, Fuel Supply, O&M, and Radioactive Waste Treatment Contracts
- The sponsors on the development and financing of the 1,000 MW Karapinar Solar Project in Turkey
- A consortium of major Turkish and South Korean contractors, on the development and financing of the 1915 Çanakkale Bridge and Highway project in Turkey
- The sponsors on the development and financing of the $1 billion 450 MW Namakhvani Hydropower and Tvishi Hydropower plants cascade in Georgia
- Guinea Alumina Corporation (a joint venture between Mubadala Development Company and Dubai Aluminium) in connection with the development of a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and related infrastructure in the Republic of Guinea
- JBIC and the commercial lenders on the development and financing of the $3 billion 2,520 MW and 136.5 MIGD Facility D IWPP in Qatar.
- The lenders, including OPIC, on the financing of a solar project being developed under the FiT program in Egypt
- The borrower on a major financing in the oil and gas sector in Angola
- BAPCO on the implementation of its $6.5 billion upgrade and modernisation program
M.Sc., Renewable Energy Development (On-going)
BPP Law School
BPP Law School
University of Nottingham
B.A. in History (Hons), U.S. studies (First Class)
- Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Mandarin Chinese