Tobia Croff is a partner in the European Capital Markets practice in Italy, advising various financial institutions and corporations in connection with transactions involving the issuance of equity (IPOs, rights offerings) as well as debt (High Yield) securities. He started in the firm's New York office in 1999, practicing U.S. domestic and cross-border M&A. A resident of the Italian offices since 2003, he switched his focus to the capital markets practice, while also continuing his corporate M&A practice concentrating on cross-border deals. Tobia is admitted in Italy and New York and is fluent in English and Italian.
- Credit Suisse as Initial Purchaser in connection with the issuance by Pro-Gest S.p.A. of its €250 million Senior Notes due 2024 (144A/Reg S).
- Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori in its debut issuance of €550 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2023 and related €160 million Credit Facilities Agreement (144A/Reg S) and, subsequently, in connection with its €760 million Senior Facilities Agreement to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Ubi Banca on the international aspects of its €400 million rights offering (Rule 144A/Reg S) in 2017.
- Cooperativa Muratori & Cementisti-C.M.C. di Ravenna Società Cooperativa (CMC) on % three separate offerings of high yield bonds, for an aggregate amount of €875 million (144A/Reg S).
- JP Morgan and UniCredit as Initial Purchasers for the issuance by CMF, an affiliate of Manutencoop Facility Management, of €360 million Senior Secured Notes due 2022 and related €50 million Revolving Credit Facility (144A/Reg S) and, previously, the initial purchasers in the offer by Manutencoop Facility Management of €425 million 8.5% Senior Secured Notes due 2020, and the lenders in the related €30 million Super Senior Revolving Credit Facility, as well as certain related liability management matters.
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers for the €1.25 billion financing to Marco Polo International Italy S.p.A. and €4.2 billion financing to Pirelli &C S.p.A., entered into in anticipation of Pirelli’s IPO.
- Veneto Banca on the international aspects of its rights offering and simultaneous listing on the Italian stock exchange.
- Astaldi S.p.A. in connection with various matters in connection with the Company’s review of its capital structure and, previously, in the issuance of its €500 million 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020 and of its additional €100 million and €150 million 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020 (Rule 144 and Reg S).
- Banco Popolare – Società Cooperativa (Banco Popolare) in connection with its approximately €1 billion rights issue.
- The underwriters, led by Bank of America-Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Banca IMI, Mediobanca and Unicredit, with respect to the international aspects of Poste Italiane’s initial public offering and concurrent listing of its ordinary shares on the Mercato Telematico Azionario – STAR Segment organized and managed by Borsa Italiana S.p.A
- Viacom in connection with: (i) its joint venture with De Agostini relating to the Super! Kids channel; (ii) the acquisition of LCN position 49 from Scripps Networks;(iii) the agreement with Sky Group for the change of ownership to Sky of the company Nuova Società Televisiva Italiana S.r.l., formerly MTV Italy S.r.l.; (iv) the acquisition of a strategic interest in Rainbow S.p.A., a privately-owned kids animation and consumer products company; (v) the acquisition of the 51% of the corporate capital of MTV Italia S.r.l. that it did not already own; and (vi)in connection with numerous other Italian and cross-border corporate matters.
- DADA S.p.A. and its Board of Directors in connection with: (i) the acquisition by Hg Capital of a majority stake in DADA from Orascom and the subsequent mandatory tender offer and (ii) the acquisition by Orascom of a majority stake in DADA from RCS Mediagroup S.p.A. and the subsequent mandatory tender offer.
- The DADA Group in connection with all matters relating to its worldwide strategic partnership with Sony Music Entertainment and, previously, the acquisition of all of the stock of UPOC Networks Inc.and several other matters.Banca Sistema S.p.A. on the international aspects of its initial public offering and concurrent listing of its ordinary shares on the Mercato Telematico Azionario – STAR Segment.
- Banca Carige S.p.A. on the international aspects of its €850 million rights offering in 2015 and its €800 million rights offering in 2014.
- The Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners in connection with €3 billion rights offering of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A.
- Alerion Clean Power S.p.A. in connection with its offering of €130 million 6.00% Unsecured Notes due 2022.
- TREVI-Finanziaria Industriale S.p.A. in connection with the international aspects of its €200 million rights offering.
- The initial purchasers in an offer by Snai S.p.A. of €110 million 7.625% Senior Secured Notes due 2018 and €160 million 12.000% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2018.
- The Coesia Group, a leading Italian manufacturer of packaging equipment, in connection with the acquisition of Oystar North America from Oystar International GmbH, and certain other corporate matters.
- Banca Popolare di Milano in connection with its €800 million rights offering.
- Olmi S.p.A., an Italian company engaged in design and manufacturing of heat exchangers, and its shareholders, in the sale of the entire share capital of Olmi to Alfa Laval Corporate A.B.
- Aabar Investments PJSC in connection with its 6.5% investment in UniCredit S.p.A.
- Dassault Systèmes in connection with its acquisition of IBM’s sales and client support business relating to Dassault’s product lifecycle management software.
- Aabar Investments PJSC in the acquisition of a 3.3% interest in the share capital of Atlantia, the holding company of Autostrade per l’Italia, from the UniCredit Group.
- Gaselys, a joint venture between Société Générale and Gaz de France engaging in commodities trading, in connection with the establishment and qualification with the regulatory authorities of its Italian branch.
- Whitehall Funds, a family of real estate funds managed by The Goldman Sachs Group, in its takeover of Berenice, the Italian real estate investment fund managed by the Pirelli Group.
- Polynt S.p.A., an Italian chemical company, in connection with various corporate and domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisition matters.
- Sorin S.p.A., a multinational biomedical devices manufacturer, in its acquisition of Datascope Inc.’s Endoscopic Vein Harvesting business.
- GFKL, a German financial services company, in connection with the establishment in Italy of its non-performing loan portfolio investment platform.
- MetroGAS S.A. in its public exchange offer to its noteholders residing in Italy in connection with the global restructuring of its financial indebtedness.
- Allianz AG in the acquisition of all of the shares of RAS S.p.A. that it did not already own and the subsequent merger of RAS S.p.A. into Allianz AG to form a European Company.
- UniCredito Italiano S.p.A. on a recurring basis in connection with its U.S. Medium Term Note, Extendible Floating Rate Note and Commercial Paper programs and in its issue of guaranteed notes exchangeable into common shares of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
- Hypo Real Estate Bank International in connection with the worldwide reorganization of its real estate lending business.
- Stark Investment in connection with an investment in Parmalat in the context of the extraordinary administration of the company.
- The Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance in the placement of preferential subscription rights in connection with the capital increase of Alitalia S.p.A.
- Buongiorno Vitaminic S.p.A. in various private equity and other corporate transactions.
- Cadbury Schweppes plc in the acquisition of the Adams confectionery business from Pfizer Inc.
- Corning Inc. in the sale of Corning Precision Lens Inc. to 3M Company.
- Several primary financial institutions acting as the financial advisors in various public and private merger and acquisition transactions.
- Credit Suisse First Boston (USA), Inc. in connection with the sale of CSFBdirect Inc. to Bankmont Financial Corporation.
- The Thomson Corporation in its acquisition of certain assets of Harcourt, Inc. from Reed Elsevier Inc.
Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”
Laurea in Giurisprudenza (J.D. equivalent)
University of Chicago Law School