Larry Crouch is Team Leader of the Firm’s global Tax practice and Head of the Bay Area Offices.
He focuses on transactions with extensive experience in tax matters. His tax practice involves virtually every aspect of tax planning for domestic and international transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and joint ventures. He has significant experience in merger and acquisition transactions, and in particular transactions involving private equity sellers and buyers. Larry also is Head of the REIT Affinity Group. He participates in transactions, and works with attorneys and clients across the firm’s global platform.
Larry represents private equity, sovereign, financial institution and corporate clients including Symphony Technology Group, Huntington Bancshares and Fairfax Financial Holdings.
- SAP on the sale of their Digital Interconnect Business (SDI Business) to Sinch AB for €225 million, on a cash and debt-free basis
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in connection with its proposed $6.1 billion acquisition of Pattern Energy Group Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion transaction with DuPont involving combination of the two companies and separating them into three publicly trading entities and the resulting $50 billion spin-off of Dow Inc.
- KMG Chemicals on its acquisition by Cabot Microelectronics Corporation for approximately $1.6 billion in a cash and stock merger transaction
- CVS on its $69 billion acquisition of Aetna
- Unibail-Rodamco on its $25 billion acquisition of Westfield Corporation
- LyondellBasell Industries NV in its acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- Taikang Insurance Group (Taikang) on the establishment of a joint venture with New York-based NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. (NYSE: NRF) (NorthStar)
- HeartWare International Inc. in connection with a definitive merger agreement under which Medtronic Inc. will acquire HeartWare in a transaction valued at approximately $1.1 billion
- Stone Point Capital in the sale of its portfolio company, Hodges-Mace, a leading provider of employee benefits technology, voluntary benefits and customer enrollment services, to Alight Solutions, a leader in technology-enabled health, wealth and human capital management and financial solutions
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG, Zenith National Insurance Corp. and First Mercury
- Francisco Partners in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Source Photonics, QuadraMed, Avangate, T-Systems and its two separate dispositions of the business units of QuadraMed, Procera Networks, and the proposed acquisition of Dell Software Group, and the dispositions of AdvancedMD Software, the dispositions of GXS, API Healthcare, Healthland, and Frontrange
- OMERS Infrastructure Management on the signing of its agreement to acquire Leeward Renewable Energy from affiliates of ArcLight Capital Partners
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with the sale of Air Distribution Technologies, Inc. to Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Zillow in connection with its acquisition of Trulia
- Salesforce in its acquisition of Demandware
- Nokia in its sale of its HERE line of business
- Vector Capital in numerous transactions, including its acquisitions of RAE Systems, Trafficmaster, ChyronHego and SafeNet, and its dispositions of RAE Systems, Trafficmaster, Teletrac and the Government Solutions Business of its portfolio company
- Symphony Technology Group in various acquisitions, including its acquisitions of Shopzilla (Connexity), First Advantage, CoreLogic. MSC Software, LexisNexis Screening, Source Healthcare Analytics, First Advantage’s acquisition of Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Unit, PriceGrabber, as well as the dispositions of Symphony Teleca and CoreOne Technologies
- MedeAnalytics in its sale to Thomas Bravo
- Shiseido Company Limited (Shiseido), a leading global cosmetics company, in various transactions, including the approximately $485 million sale of its wholly-owned subsidiary Zotos International Inc. (Zotos), a global haircare company, and certain related assets to the German headquartered Henkel Corporation (Henkel) and its acquisition of Bare Escentuals
- City Office REIT in its IPO on the NYSE and subsequent offerings
- BMO Capital Markets and CIBC in the IPO and subsequent offerings of Milestone Apartments Real Estate Investment Trust, which involved the design of a new structure for a U.S. REIT to undertake an IPO on the TSX
- Welsh Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust, a U. S. REIT, in its IPO on the TSX and subsequent offerings
- The underwriters in debt (including equity linked debt) and equity offerings by various REITs, including American Tower, Prologis, BioMed Realty Trust, and Washington REIT
- Bain Capital in its acquisition of VXI Global Solutions
- Sanofi-Aventis in its acquisition of BMP Sunstone
- Sina Corporation in various transactions, including its sale of its interest in China Online Housing Technology Corporation and its sale of its interest in Weibo, and the acquisition of New Wave Investment Holding of an interest in Sina
- Sybase in its sale to SAP America
- Huawei Technologies in its acquisition of Symantec’s 49% interest in Huawei Symantec Technologies
- STMicroelectronics in its formation of Numonyx with Intel and the ultimate sale of Numonyx
Hastings College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif
- Graduated in top one percent of class
- Hastings Law Journal
University of Washington